The political situation around the globe impact countries in a diversified way. Countries which have strong economic and political standouts, rule more powerfully. Countries around the globe try to keep good terms with those states which have stable economic, political and social position. The same way such countries enjoy perks and benefits and their residents are considered most acceptable and powerful residents of world. The passport is the identity of a country and its power varies with position of respective country in world economy. There are various countries in world which have most excelling performance and other countries welcome them and their trading offers, hence their passports are considered as most powerful passports of the world.
The index ranked 199 countries according to the travel freedom each offers its citizens out of a possible 218 countries, using data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA). According to the index, the IATA holds the largest database of travel information. Nationalities were awarded points based on the number of other countries their citizens could travel to without a visa, as of January 01, 2016. A list of top ten passports which are considered as most powerful in world are as follows.
- Germany leads the table of the most powerful passports of the world with visa free access to 177 countries.
- Sweden stands at 2nd rank among the most powerful passports of the world as its citizens are allowed to enjoy visit of 176 countries of world without any visa and diplomatic formality.
- The third most powerful passport belongs to Finland, France, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom. These countries are allowed to facilitate their resident visit of 175 countries.
- The fourth most powerful countries in regard of free visa availability are 4 in numbers. They are Belgium, Denmark, Netherland and United States. These four passport holders can freely visit 174 countries of the world. United States is considered as most powerful state of the world, still it comes at 4th rank in the line of most powerful passports of the globe.
- The fifth most powerful passports list comprises of Austria, Japan and Singapore. The passport holders of these three countries are capable of free entry and exit to 173 countries without any visa issue.
- The sixth in the list of most powerful passports of the world are 7 countries namely Canada, Ireland, South Korea, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal and Switzerland. Passport holders of these 7 countries are allowed visa free access to 172 countries.
- Greece and New Zealand can easily enjoy trips to 171 countries around the globe without any legal formalities hence they share number 7 position in the list of most powerful passports of the world.
- The only country which stands in the list of eighth most powerful state in regard of its passport is Australia which facilitate its natives for free visits of 169 countries of the world.
- The 9th rank of most powerful passports of the world refers to Malta with free entry and exit to 168 countries of the world.
- The top 10th most powerful passport is the property of Hungary, Czech Republic and Iceland as its citizen can travel freely to 167 countries of the world without ant visa requirements.
Rank of Saudi Passport is 69th in the world with visa free access to 69 countries and the rank of Indian passport is 85th with visa free access to 52 countries. Philippines passport ranks at no. 76 with visa free access to 61 countries. Pakistani passport is considered the 2nd weakest passport of the world.
Source: Henley and Partners Holdings Ltd
Issues related to Passport
- 10 Least powerful Passports in the World 2016
- 5 reasons Pakistani Passport is among the worst Passports in the World
- List of Countries with Visa Free Access on Philippines Passport
- List of Countries with Visa Free Access on Pakistani Passport
- List of Countries with Visa Free Access on Indian Passport