Saudi Arabia has the biggest oil industry in the world due to vast oil reserves. The oil industry has majorly contributed to the progress of Saudi Arabia in the world economy. Besides oil industry, KSA has various family run companies which have stocks in construction business. These companies are majorly under the control of business icons and are even source of revenue from international market. UAE and KSA have initiated huge business projects which require even help of international companies. KSA has 25 large construction companies which are majorly property of the few business families. The top 2 companies are Saudi Oger and Saudi Bin ladin Group. Saudi oger is a gigantic construction company with US $2.2 billion capital.
It is biggest rival of Saudi Bin laden group in KSA which has grave influence over construction sector of KSA. It has various subsidiaries in Dubai, UK and Abu Dhabi. During 2007 the company gained huge business with a construction contract worth $5 billion. The major infrastructure of KSA is to be constructed by 25 major construction companies in the Kingdom. Since previous few decades construction projects are held by Saudi construction companies with a joint venture with international construction firms. It has created wide opportunities for these companies to employ latest technical resources and procedure in order to modernize infrastructure of companies. The list of top 25 companies operating in KSA which have been awarded contracts for latest construction projects of KSA is as follows.
Top 25 Construction Companies of Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Bin Ladin Group
- Al Rashid Trading & Contracting Co. (RTCC)
- Al Ayuni Investment & Contracting Co.
- Al Harbi Trading & Contracting Co. Ltd.
- Arabian Bemco Contracting Co.
- Al Shoula Group
- Almabani General Contractors
- Al Fouzan Trading & General Construction Company
- ABV Rock Group
- El Seif Engineering & Contacting
- Baytur Construction & Contracting
- International Centre for Construction Company (ICC)
- Saudi Oger
- Freyssinet Saudi Arabia
- A.S. Alsayed & Partners Contracting
- Saudi Lebanese Tarouk Contracting Co.
- Al Arrab Trading & Contracting
- Al Latifia Trading & Contracting
- Azmeel Contracting Establishment
- Abdul Rahman Saad Al Rashid & Sons (Artar)
- FARE Constructions - Fawaz Al Hokair Trading & Contracting Establishment
- Al Habtoor Leighton
- Al Rajhi Construction (ARC)
- TAV Construction
- Arabtec Construction
Source: Construction Week Online
Job Hunting in Saudi Arabia