Unknown and Interesting Facts about Beautiful City PETRA
- Amongst the amazing architecture that is found in the city of Petra, the most popular one is that of the Treasury, which is estimated to be well over 2000 years old.
- The Bedouin people of the Arabian Desert are responsible for some of the destruction that has been done of the best and most priceless carvings which were done on the walls of the Treasury. The Bedouin People would then use these carvings as targets during their routine hosting practices.
- Most of the structures of the Petra Archaeological site have been weakened due to the salt which is blown in from the Dead Sea, which also crystallizes on the columns of the buildings.
- It is popular belief that the city of Petra was built during the Byzantine Era in the 5th and 6th AD and this is when the city of Petra became an important center for the Christians of the area. |
- Petra also consist of800 beautifully carved tombs.
- The city of Petra is more popular because of its 8—individual monuments which include tombs, buildings, funerary halls, baths and temples, almost all of which was carved from the kaleidoscopic sandstone which is found in the area.
- It is reported that the city was first established in 312 BC; which makes it one of the oldest metropolises in the entire planet.
- It is in this city of Petra that the King Aretas had ordered the arrest of the biblian Apostle Paul, after he was converted to Christianity.
- Amongst the most popular monuments found in the city of Petra is the 2011 pound bust of Dushara, made out of sandstone. Dushara is Petra’s primary male deity.
- The city of Petra is clear evidence to all of Mankind that the Middle East was way more influential than any other region in the world during the Middle Ages.
- Petra is truly a hidden gem in the desert, which will take you through an epic journey through the history of the Middle East region, unlike any other place. It can easily rival against the extremely popular Jerusalem which is known as the caretaker city of the Middle Eastern history.
Places to Visit Around the World
- 6 Best Places to Visit in Oman
- Top Reasons to Visit GOA, India
- Top 12 Most Beautiful Mosques in Middle East
- 16 Most Terrifying and Creepy Places around the World
- Top 10 Beaches in the Middle East