If you are living within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, then you must know that surfing the internet can be a bit of a problem. This is mainly due to the strict filtering of the country’s Communication and Information Technology Commission or known as CITC, when it comes to the issue of censorship on the internet. This may include the limited use to some social media websites or blocking of some websites that the government might think is inappropriate for viewership by their citizens. In order to hide their identity, people try to surf internet anonymously. Although there are many ways to do this, the VPN or Virtual Private Network seems to be best method. However before you indulge in Anonymous surfing you should consider the pros and cons of such an activity.
Benefits of Anonymous Surfing
- You can bypass all internet censorship, regardless of where you are
- You can unblock all restricted sites in your region
- Your privacy is completely protected through a high level of security
- Your personal information is safe even if you are in a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Most of these anonymous surfing servers have their own mobile phone Apps
- If you choose the VPN service, you don’t need any additional software
Disadvantages of Anonymous Surfing
- Most of these web proxy sites actually store your real IP address and also your activity, which makes you vulnerable to hacking and not 100 percent safe.
- TOR or The Onion Router normally does not work well with a torrent.
- The trust level is also significantly lower as cyber criminals are also untraceable.
- Children may gain access to inappropriate content through these websites.
- There is always a risk of being caught by the authorities since use of VPN is against Law.
- Even though it might seem like a great deal it should be always remembered that accessing the VPN is a cybercrime, in some countries like Saudi Arabia. Even though some countries and regions are not so strict about cyber crime, some regions do not take this lightly and such actions can land you in trouble in less tolerant countries. So it is better to truly weigh out your options and then choose whether to use this or not.
Technological Information about KSA
- Google Maps Track our Every Move – Get Your Location History of Last 30 Days Now
- Highest number of Youtube views in the world – Saudi Arabia
- 9 Wifi Safety Tips during your stay in Saudi Arabia
- Who owns the Internet in Arab World?
- Best Online Shopping Websites in Saudi Arabia