The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia places great stress on proper quality education for all of its residents so that the prosperous country, can achieve greater heights through the generations that will eventually become an essential part of the workforce in the Kingdom. For every country education is vital if it aims to prosper and grow in the future. The Kingdom is host to many world class universities where local and international students can achieve higher learning in many fields of education, that too at reasonable costs. Below we have listed the 5 best universities in the Kingdom, which provide the best mix of quality education, excellent staff and facilities and over all good atmospheres for the students.
Top 5 Universities in Saudi Arabia
- King Saud University – King Saud University is located in Riyadh and is a public university. The university was founded in 1957, by then King Saud bin Abdul-Aziz. The University was initially called Riyadh University and it holds the prestige and honor of being the first ever University in the Kingdom which is not dedicated solely to religious subjects.
- King Abdul-Aziz University – This University was founded in Jeddah in 1967. The architecture of the university was done by the British architect John Elliott. In the year 2001, the university boasted a staff of 2000 people and more than 38,000 students. The university was initially built as a private university by a group of business men, however in 1974 the university was made into a public university, which allowed them to further grow and expand.
- Umm Al-Qura University – The Umm Al-Qura University is one of the oldest public universities in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The University is considered one of the most prestigious universities in the Islamic world. This is due to the contributions made by the University in various fields over countless decades. The university is also held in high regard due to its location in Mecca. The University was initially established as the College of Islamic Law (Shariah) in 1949. It was later joined by other colleges and was renamed as the Umm Al-Qura by royal orders in 1981.
- King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals – The King Fahd University is located in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia and is a public university. Amongst the other universities in Saudi Arabia, the science and engineering programs in this University are highly recommended as the best programs in the Kingdom in the category. The university also offers some other programs which are not offered in any other University in Saudi Arabia.
- King Faisal University - The King Faisal University is a public university which has its main campus in Hofuf, Al-Hassa, Saudi Arabia. The university was initially founded in 1975 on royal orders, and the university was established on buildings which were leased out to them. From the second year the university bought pre fabricated buildings to host the University, which would one day become one of the best and greatest universities in the Kingdom.
- List of Universities in Saudi Arabia
- First Ever University was founded by Muslim Woman
- List of Schools in Riyadh
- List of Schools in Jeddah
- List of Schools in Dammam
- List of Schools in Jubail