Saudi Arabia all over the world is known for their oil reserves and being an Islamic country. Their passion for being the best at what they do is unparalleled anywhere else in the entire world. It is in this tradition that they have broken around 30 plus world records, which have been officiated by the Guinness World Records. The world records that Saudi Arabia holds are given below. The source of all the below information is Guinness Book of World Records. You may open their website and search for Saudi Arabia. You will find all below-mentioned records there.
World Records held by people of Saudi Arabia
- The largest donation of school supplies amounting to 4,571 kgs was given out in 24 hours.
- The largest tea bag ever created, which was built by Ahmed Mohammad Saleh Baeshen. Weighs around 250 kilograms.
- The longest pasty ever created measured in at 15.17 meters and this feat was achieved by Fuchsia in Al Ahsa, Saudi Arabia in 2014.
- The biggest coffee shop in the world is the Al Masaa Café which hosts around 1050 seats. The coffee shop was originally inaugurated in 2014, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Doctors at Bugshan Hospital in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia removed 22 liters of urine from a 35-year-old patient’s kidney in 1999. This was due to hydronephrosis, which is the enlargement of your Kidney due to a blockage of urine flow.
- The highest number of martial arts kicks that were performed in the time limit of three minutes, by just using one leg was recorded at amazing 783 kicks. This feat was achieved by Ahmad Amin Bodla at the Fitness Firat Gym in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The record was made on 21 August 2013.
- The biggest Hydatid cyst was removed from 80-year-old Abdullah Bakhet Al Hagawe in King Fahd Central Hospital, Jizan, Saudi Arabia. The cyst contained 37 liters of fluid and was completely removed in 2005.
- The largest backpack which was ever created measure over 34 feet in height, 7.8 meters in width and 2.8 meters in depth was constructed by Omasu, at the Mall of Arabia, which is located in Jeddah.
- The largest existing water storage facility is known as the Briman Strategic Water reservoir which has a total capacity of 2,062,500 cubic meters and is located in Briman, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- The biggest outdoor billboard structure was built by LG in association with the JCDecaux ATA and King Khalid Airport located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The billboard measured in at 3000 meters squared.
- The world largest oil field is found in Saudi Arabia which is known as the Ghawar Oil Field. The field spans across an area of 1.3 million acres and produces around 5 million barrels of oil every day.
- Incidentally, the largest oil company in the world is also of Saudi origin. The oil company known as Saudi Arabian Oil Co. or Saudi Aramco is said to be in control of oil reserves amounting to 303.285 billion barrels.
- The biggest hand printed painting stand at 10,234 square meters and was created by ENTEC in Jeddah. A total of 45000 people contributed in making the painting which took almost 2 months to complete.
- The largest man-made basket measured in at 22 x 14.9 x 12.4 meters. This basket was made by the members of the Fatat Al Ahsa Benevolent Society, which is located in Al Ahsa, Saudi Arabia.
- The biggest bottle of shampoo was also made in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The shampoo bottle measured 5.91 x 1.79 meters and had been produced by CLEAR, Binzagr Unilever Factory. The humongous shampoo bottle was displayed at the Red Sea Mall in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 2012.
- The biggest crystal mosaic was also built in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This huge mosaic which measured 9.88 meters squared was made by Hassan Mohammad Masry and Aysha Almusa in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2011. 400,000 crystals were used to create the mosaic and it showed a picture of the late King Abdullah.
- Saudi Arabia is home to the world’s highest mosque. The King Abdullah Mosque, which is located on the 77th floor of the Kingdom Centre Building in Riyadh, is located 600 feet above the ground level. The mosque is open to the public to pray in and also has a caretaker who looks after the mosque.
- The oldest copy of the Qur’an in the world was made in Saudi Arabia and was also once owned by Caliph Uthman (RA) during his lifetime. The Qur’an is now in possession of the Muslim Board of Uzbekistan, however, it is also reported that only half of the total pages have survived through these years.
- The highest number of football passes under one minute by a pair is at 107 passes. This feat was achieved by Maged Qasem Al Qerbi and Omar Mohammad Alzraiqi at an event organized by the Saudi Industrial Projects Company at the Flamingo Mall in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 2014.
- The biggest soft play area for kids have an area of 2315 meters squared and has been created by Billy Beez. Billy Beez is an indoor entertainment center for children and is owned by Arabian Centers Limited Co. in Saudi Arabia. The play area can host up to 2500 children at one time.
- The highest number of football teams that have been sponsored by one institution at the same time is 12. This amazing record was achieved by Saudi Telecom which had sponsored all the teams of the first division in Saudi Arabia.
- The tallest flagpole without any support, measures in at 171 meters. The flag pole was erected by the Jeddah Municipality and the Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 2014. Read more about it in this link “9 Facts about World's Tallest Flagpole in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia”
- The title or record for the most industrialized country in the world goes to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is recorded that almost 62 percent of the GDP of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is originally derived from the industries sector. These figures have been based on the 2010 fiscal year report.
- The largest carpet of plants or flowers was created by the Landscaping and Irrigation Department in Saudi Arabia. The carpet measured 10712 meters squared and was created in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia in 2014.
- The biggest scratch card which measured 11.92 meters wife and 7.57 meters tall was originally made by the Saudi Telecom Company and was displayed at the Sawa Carnival at the Red Sea Mall in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 2012.
- The biggest tunic was created by Lomar in Saudi Arabia and was showcased at the event organized by Phenomenal at the Red Sea Mall in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 2010. The Tunic was 33.9 meters long and 18.5 meters wide.
- The biggest pyramid made out of cardboard boxes consists of 56505 boxes and was created by Bahlsen GmbH at the Granada Mall in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2014.
- Panda Retail Company and Ismail Abudawood Trading Company have jointly made their mark in The Guinness World Records for the largest rubber-stamped image, which was validated at Hyper Panda Andalus Mall store in the center of Jeddah on the 86th Saudi National Day celebration.
Very few countries can match the great feats that have been achieved by the hard work and dedication of the people and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They quite rightly deserve these records as they truly are the best at whatever they do or plan to do. The quality and dedication of their work and ethics can also not be compared to any other nation or people or country anywhere else in the world.
Un-known Facts about Saudi Arabia
- 13 Un-known facts About Albaik
- Urdu is 2nd and Arabic is 4th Most Popular Language in the World
- Saudi Roads are 2nd best in Middle East – GCI Report
- History behind Oil Discovery in Saudi Arabia
- Budget of Saudi Arabia v/s Budget of Other Countries