Saturday, July 11, 2015

Procedure to Apply SWORN Affidavit for the Issue of Child’s Passport in India

Mr. Mohammed has shared with us the procedure to apply for the Sworn Affidavit from Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia.  This certificate is required if you want to apply for the passport of a child but one or both of his/her parents are abroad. Mr. Mohammed: In India, if I want to apply passport for my children, normally both the parents to be present in India. Otherwise, the person who is abroad need to get a certificate named "SWORN AFFIDAVIT" from the office named VFS global (passport and visa application center).

  1. There is a form (herewith I have attached 02 forms for reference. Anyone you can use) you have to fill (if the father is in abroad, leave the column whatever applicable for mother. just fill the details applicable to father). You will also have to attach a passport size picture on it. Make sure that the information you have entered is correct and accurate. Incorrect information may lead to rejection of the application. Following documents must also be attached with the application
    • Copy of your Valid Passport
    • Copy of your Iqama
    • Copy of Birth Certificate of the Child (in case newly born child)
    • Copy of Passport of the Child (in case renewal of passport)
  2. You need to be at their office in time. I have given the GPS Coordinates below. You will have to take a token from there. Normally people come for renewing passport, adding wife's name, etc. at very early morning and will be in queue like 6 to 7 am.
    • Location in Jeddah: 21.547218,39.159468
    • Location in Dammam: 26.432707,50.099176
  3. Wait for your token no and pay SR 80
  4. They will make a stamp in the form which you gave them (just they are confirming that you are in abroad and this is your signature).
  5. Send this original form to your home country India. Your wife can go to the passport department and submit this form while applying passport for your child.
  6. You can download the form from these two links

Other Procedures related to Jawazat & MOI
  1. Procedure to Get Police Clearance Certificate from Saudi Arabia for Indian Citizens
  2. How to Register a Labor Complaint with the Indian Consulate?
  3. List of Countries with Visa Free Access on Indian Passport
  4. Experience of Getting Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) – Indian Citizen
  5. Degree Attestation from India for Saudi Arabia


Follow us in Google+