The auspicious month of Ramadan has almost passed. The holy month of Ramadan is an extremely peaceful month in which all Muslims around the world finds inner peace through acts of worship and also the reading of the Holy Qur’an. In this Holy month, the Holy Book of Muslims, the Holy Qur’an was revealed to all of mankind. In this month Muslims earn rewards at a higher rate from all their good deeds and acts of worship. Through the act of fasting, a Muslims finds their true inner power. However it is with great sadness that over the years the general meaning of the month of Ramadan in our lives has changed drastically.
No longer is this Holy Month the same as it used to be in the time of our Holy Prophet (pbuh). The true meaning of Ramadan is the act of fasting and finding self-discipline while doing good deeds. Nobody knows why every year there is a negative element associated with this Holy Month. The true meaning of this Holy Month must be revived and the filth associated with it these days. Muslims should bring back the true meaning and image of Ramadan. It should be remembered that if we can successfully refrain from losing our temper or behaving badly during the month of Ramadan, we should do it in the rest of the year as well.
- A change which would be most welcome by the people themselves would be their own rude behavior out on the streets and their raging anger during the fasting hours. What the people don’t want to see are other people blasting off other people with their anger especially during fasting hours of Ramadan.
- A person who is driving on the road only half an hour after the Iftar time will be extremely different to someone driving on the road half an hour before Iftar. The only excuse that these people come up with was that they are sorry but they were fasting. This makes no sense as fasting is supposed to make one more self-disciplined and not to be having extreme cases of road rage.
- Another thing we see in Ramadan is the addictive shoppers who rush to the malls and go on binge shopping trips. Ironically this month which teaches us to be humble has been associated with shopping somehow. Most shops offer added discounts in Ramadan and families often take advantage of this, however it also causes a commotion on the streets which leads to traffic jams and also road rage chances are highly increased.
- To the common person it seems like every year there are collective measures taken either consciously or unconsciously to stray away from the true meaning of the month of Ramadan. This is basically done by the acceptance of raging tempers due to fasting, binge eating during non-fasting hours and doing little to no work during the fasting hours.
Ramadan in Saudi Arabia
- 5 Tips For those who are working In Ramadan
- 5 things you should avoid saying to the people fasting in Ramadan
- Perform Umrah once during Ramadan, Give chance to others - Grand Mufti
- Caught Eating, Drinking or Smoking in Public during Ramadan, Get ready to be deported
- How long the world is fasting this Ramadan 2016?