First let’s see the points which would make the Sahaba very happy:
- He would be extremely happy to see the development and the modern beauty of the Holy Mosques of Madinah and Makkah.
- He would be happy to see the large number of people who follow and preach Islam in the Kingdom.
- He would be happy to see the just and fair treatment of all those who follow religions other than Islam.
- He would be too happy to see the beautiful mosques and the high number of these mosques within the Kingdom.
- He would be happy to see millions of pilgrims performing Hajj with modern and great facilities.
- He would be happy to see the large amount of Zakat being given to the poor in comparison to the old times.
- He would be happy to see so many Muslims and non Muslims earning their livelihood in Saudi Arabia, while the Kingdom was only a desert in the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him)
However there are also some negative points in today’s world which would make the Sahabi very sad. The following are;
- The Sahabi would be extremely sad to see how the Muslims have been divided in the name of nationality, status, race and especially sects.
- The Sahabi would be sad to see that in the same place where some people are hardly getting one meal per day, there are also the rich who have plenty for themselves and more than they could possibly use.
- The Sahabi would be extremely sad to see the vast amount of food being wasted in our restaurants, functions and parties.
- The Sahabi would be sad to see Muslims indulging in Riba or Interest directly or indirectly in their daily lives, and also the number of banks present on every street which function primarily as interest houses.
- The Sahabi would be sad to see the arrogance that has engulfed our younger generation.
- The Sahabi would be sad to see the tradition of Mahar or Dowry and the problems it causes those young men wanting to get married to young women. This is due to the greed of some of the fathers of young women these days.
- The Sahabi would be sad to see how second marriage has become a social taboo in these modern times and also the amount of adultery taking place by Muslims.
- The Sahabi would be sad to see the extravagance of our weddings these days.
Islamic Values in Saudi Arabia