I did not know much about Pakistan and India before coming to Saudi Arabia. But since majority of my colleagues in office belong to India and Pakistan, so how could I remain uneducated about their conflicts and celebrations. I have been living with them from a long time so now I understand about their respective cultures. Independence Day of India and Pakistan has always been a point of excitement and point of contention for the people who belong to respective countries. Population of Indians in Saudi Arabia is above one million and almost same number is of Pakistanis. So, migrant of these two countries represent not less than 7% of the total population of Saudi Arabia.
The purpose of writing this article is not to just share my experience but also to highlight some important issues. I am writing it with my previous experience of (Indo-Pak) Independence day celebrations in Saudi Arabia . On the respective independence days, the nationals of that country become so excited that they perform some activities which are illegal and cause a lot of troubles for their parents and family members. Especially teenagers commit such kind of activities and have to face heavy consequences. Based upon my past experience, I would like to share with you some Things to Avoid while Celebrating (Indo-Pak) Independence Day in Saudi Arabia. It is your responsibility to share it with others.
6 Things to Avoid while Celebrating (Indo-Pak) Independence Day in Saudi Arabia
- Indian or Pakistani Flags: It is not allowed in Saudi Arabia to carry flags of India or Pakistan on the roads. It is not allowed to place them on the cars. One of my friends was telling me that some teenagers were caught and had to face heavy punishment due to this act.
- Fireworks: Sometimes we get a bit too carried away while celebrating such as the use of fireworks. The use of fireworks is not suitable since this can be the basis for a lot of serious injuries. Many teenagers consider fireworks the ideal thing for celebrations to light up the night and draw as much attention. Fireworks are not only dangerous for the humans but also for the ecosystem. Why harm nature?
- Don’t Mess up: Make sure that our actions and acts do not make us shine on every news platform for the all the wrong reasons. Being resident of this country, it becomes our responsibility to make sure that our state is litter free and always clean. We must take care of our grounds, parks, roads. We shouldn't get carried away in all the celebrations. With this we must make sure that our dances and celebrations do not affect the lives of our fellow citizens.
- Tinted or Painted Glasses: Make sure that you do not use such tint or paint on the windows of your cars and vehicles that it becomes extremely difficult for you to see giving a higher risk in car accidents. Along with this make sure that you are not sitting on the windows or on top of the vehicles while the vehicle is in motion. I have observed that many people find it quite amusing to sit in the car with their whole heads sticking out of the car. This is an extremely dangerous act and people should take care of it. It is also important to read this article “Slogans on Vehicles will be fined SR 300”
- Dancing on the Middle of the Road: Make sure of the fact that dancing is alright and a good way to express your hyperness and happiness for the day but it is not in any means right to exhibit your dance to the world by dancing on the middle of the road. Instead, you could do the same dance on the sidewalks and yet go un-noticed.
- Don’t violate any Law: Make sure that you do not violate any laws. We should try and do as much as we can to make sure that the world sees on the best side of Saudi Arabia!
Entertainment in Saudi Arabia
- Mango Festival to be held in Riyadh on 14th August
- Celebrations of Pakistan and India’s Independence Day in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Government opens special Park for Disabled Residents in Jeddah
- Female Swimming Pools in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 10 Things to do in Riyadh Outdoors Desert Treks