Jeddah is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, however when people visit, it is rarely so that the visitors have an idea of what to do in the great city, especially if they are visiting for a short time. Today however we will tell you the best way to spend a day in the great city of Jeddah, without missing out any part of the Jeddah experience.
- You start off your day by visiting the El Bangala marketplace where you will feel as if you are in one of the busiest business capitals of the world, because this is essentially a fish market. You can take in the sites and wander about watching other people conducting business.
- Then you can have the famous tameez breakfast which is the perfect start of your day for a long and fun filled day. After you have consumed the breakfast you can wander about the narrow streets of the old Jeddah city. UNESCO has claimed the more historical part of the city as a world heritage site and you can take in all the sights by walking around. Check this link as well “UNESCO Heritage Site in Jeddah”
- Next you can head on over to Balad where you can shop to your hearts fill. The market place consists of a combination of street kiosks selling discounted items while high street brands are also available giving everyone what they want. Check this link as well “Explore Al-Balad, Jeddah in 1 Day – 10 Things to do”
- By around 1 pm you should head on over to the famous floating mosque and if you are a Muslim pray there too. If not then take in the sights as it is truly a beautiful one.
- After that you can head on over to Jeddahs best kept open secret, The Al Baik food chain. Even though the fast food chain is only located in Jeddah, it has gained popularity and fame all around the world. Check this link as well “13 Un-known facts About Albaik”
- After having your fill, head on over to the beaches where you can choose to go for a swim in the crystal clear waters, or even rent out a Jet Ski and take a ride into deeper water. Once you have had enough of the water, you can complete the experience by visiting the huge Fakieh Aquarium. Check this link as well “Attractions inside Fakieh Aquarium, Jeddah”
- Finally having your fair share of water related activities in Jeddah would not have been complete without witnessing the sunset at the King Fahd Fountain. Those of us who are too tired and full to really enjoy anything can indulge in a much needed cup of coffee to further enhance the view.
- Once revitalized by the beautiful sights and the cup of coffee, you can head on over to a shopping mall in Jeddah to really indulge in your shopping spree. For those men and women who are more brands or retailer conscious, shopping malls in Jeddah house all the best brands from around the world such as Zara, Lacoste, Tommy Hilfiger and the body shop. Check this link as well “Best Shopping Malls in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia”
- After shopping you can have your dinner at Tahlia Street to get a taste of Jeddah and finally top it off with donuts from the House of Donuts.
Places to Visit in Jeddah
- Belucci Circus and World Circus in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- 16 Lesser Known - Must Visit Places in Jeddah
- The Bab Makkah of Jeddah - Old but Charming
- Attractions inside Fakieh Aquarium, Jeddah
- Things to do in Durat Al Arous, Jeddah