Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Photography at Jeddah Airport leads to Deportation

Muhammad Bhai: Steve I have a question, I was born in Saudi Arabia. I went to pick up my friend from Jeddah International Airport his flight was delayed. I was feeling bored and started to film the airport. Then national guards caught me and handed me over to police for filming airport. I was interrogated by a major in airport police station. He kept me in jail for 10 days then he launched a court case against me. The case was processed by several courts for about 6 months. At the end, the court in Makkah named (Emara Makkah) ordered to kick me out of Saudi Arabia they imposed 3 years travel ban and deport me (Beaad or biyad).

They took my finger prints in Bariman jail and also took photographs of me. But I wasn’t deported. Instead the same major who interrogated me told me to go back home and come back after 2 weeks with my stuff and an airline ticket. He then with my stuff and airline ticket sent me to the terminal of deportees in Jeddah international airport. I was deported from the terminal. I have travel ban on me for 3 years. But can I travel to other GCC countries while the travel ban is imposed? And yes the major told me I can come to Saudi Arabia on visit visa or Umrah visa anytime even while the travel ban is imposed. Can I travel to other GCC countries?

Answer by Steve
This is really shocking information for me. Before answering your question, I would highly appreciate if you could explain a little bit more about your case. What your other expat brother should not do at the airport. Anything which you want to share.

Coming back to your question, I think you are only banned from Saudi Arabia. You are free to go to any other GCC country for job. It is not a criminal offense to make movie of restricted areas. Again, I am really shocked! I wish you all the best for future.

Personal Experiences of Expatriates
  1. Skydiving in Jeddah
  2. How Bangladeshi Expats can get Family Visa in Saudi Arabia?
  3. Caught with Boyfriend on Date by Mutawas - Experience
  4. Letter to King Salman by a Mother containing a Humble Request!
  5. Permanent Family Visa for Quantity Surveyor


Post a Comment


Follow us in Google+