In order to bring your family to stay in Saudi Arabia permanent basis, you need to apply for the permanent family visa of your family. There are two ways to apply for permanent family visa for the family i.e. Permanent Family Visa through Istiqdam and Online Permanent Family Visa. Once you get permanent family visa in Saudi Arabia, you need to send it to your family so that it can be stamped on their passports. When your family is here in Saudi Arabia, you need to apply for the Iqama of Family. The procedure to Apply for the First Iqama is different from annual Iqama renewal. One of our readers KMW has shared with us the procedure to apply for the first Iqama of dependents in Saudi Arabia. The procedure for first Iqama of family (i.e. your spouse and children) which I followed is as follows;
- You will have to apply for Iqama of your dependents within 90 days of their arrival to Saudi Arabia. You will have to pay a fine of SR 1,000 if you fail to do so.
- Get medical fitness
certificate from any approved
clinic/ lab. Now you can Check
Status of Medical Test Report for Saudi Iqama Online
link. Make sure the medical is
uploaded to the website. You will get an SMS from Efada once it is successfully
- Ask your company to apply for medical insurance of the family members based on the Border number. This border number will be used instead of Saudi ID or Iqama number by the insurance company. Wait for the insurance to be done. Insurance must be updated in the MOI system. If it is not updated in the MOI system, your application to apply for the Iqama of your dependents will be rejected. You can check on this website by entering border number of your family if the insurance is updated in the MOI system.
- Download “Iqama Form” for Saudi Jawazat (Passport Office). Fill the relevant sections, i.e. the purpose of form (which in this case is New or Jadeed in arabic), Name, Border number etc. Please note that the Sahib e Amal in this case is you i.e. the person apply for his family. So you give your name and Iqama etc. in the relevant box.
- Attach two pictures and get the forms attested by your company including a stamp on one of the picture. You also need to attach passport copies of all the dependents as well as your passport copy and your Iqama.
- Company Stamp is needed on the dependent's picture attached on the form as well as in the column where you enter your details as a Kafeel. In the attached picture you can see the two places where stamp was made on a recent form submitted to Passport office Al Khobar. Additionally, No attestation of any kind was required for this form.
- Ask for the relevant office and fall in line there. You can ask about it from the government relations officer of your company.
- Present all your docs on your turn. The iqama will be issued there and then if everything is in place. Check the details like name etc. on the iqama.
- If the name or religion etc. is wrong then there is another counter for this correction. Just fill the form again with the correct name and submit along with the old Iqama. Present the documents on your turn. New corrected Iqama will be issued on the spot.
- Note: There is no fee for the Iqama or correction of information. If you do not apply for Iqama for 3 months, you will have to pay SR 500 as fine.
- The Jawazat office for the issuance of first iqama for dependents is in Diriya, Riyadh
- The Jawazat office for the issuance of first iqama for dependents is in Rehab, Jeddah
Iqama for Newcomers
- Procedure to Apply for the First Iqama
- Check Status of Medical Test Report for Saudi Iqama Online
- List of Approved Medical Centers for Iqama Issuance / Renewal
- Tips for Newcomers in Saudi Arabia
- Tips by MOI for expatriates holding Iqama