Monday, August 10, 2015

Procedure to Transfer Family Members under your Sponsorship after the death of Father

Many families live in Saudi Arabia under the sponsorship of their fathers. In case of death of father, all the family members under his sponsorship will have to go on final exit. However, if one of the sons of the father is working on a job under different the sponsorship of his employer, he may take his mother and all his unmarried sisters (without age limit) and brothers below the age of 18 under his sponsorship. The procedure to transfer Family Members under your Sponsorship after the death of Father is given below.

  1. Prepare a letter by you in the Arabic language which explains why you would like to transfer Iqama. This may be due to the death of the male head of the family or any other reason.
  2. Get a salary certificate along with a NOC from the company where you are employed. These certificates need to be stamped by the chamber of commerce and the profession should match your Iqama.
  3. Certificate print from the GOSI, and the salary should match what is mentioned on the Salary certificate.
  4. Your current valid Iqama and a copy of your passport
  5. A copy of your birth certificate. If the certificate is not in Arabic, you should get it translated from an official translation center.
  6. Iqama of your father and his passport copy.
  7. Copy of father’s death certificate. If he died in your home country, the death certificate needs to be attested by the MOFA of your country, Saudi Embassy and MOFA Saudi Arabia.
  8. Iqama of mother and her passport copy.
  9. Iqama of brother and passport copy. (only applicable if you have a brother under 18 years of age and studying at school)
  10. Copy of brother’s birth certificate. If not in Arabic, have it translated.
  11. Iqama of unmarried sister and copy of passport.
  12. Copy of Birth certificate of sister, if not in Arabic, have it translated.
  13. Letter of confirmation from brother’s school. The letter needs to be stamped by the KSA education ministry.
  14. Letter of confirmation written by you, stating that the sister is unmarried. Married sisters cannot be transferred on to your Iqama.
  15. A decent job title on the Iqama.
Compile all of these documents and make sure not to leave out anything. Next take these documents to the Jawazzat in the Legal Affairs Department. They will then verify all your documents and issue a letter on the very same day. The letter is for the courts stating that your case is authentic. Make sure to bring back all the documents from Jawazzat.

  1. In order to get the letter from the court, there are certain things you will need;
  2. Have the letter from Jawazzat.
  3. You will need 4 witnesses, who will state that your father is dead, and you are the legal guardian of the family.
  4. The originals and copies of the Iqamas of all the family members, including you.
  5. Head over to the court where they will register the case and forward you to a judge. When your turn comes, state your name and the issue for which you are here. For those who do not know the Arabic language a translator will be provided for them. The judge will question the witnesses and once he is fully convinced, he will hand the witnesses a paper to sign. Once you and the witnesses have all signed the paper, the court will issue the letter.

Submit all of the documents again, this time with the letter from the court attached. The legal affairs department will register your case and tell you to check back after a couple of days, which may range from 5 to 15 days. If after those days your case has been approved, they will begin the final phase of the transfer procedure.

  1. Once the Jawazzat has given the final approval the following must be done;
  2. Enrollment of finger prints of all the members of the family. If it has not been done previously, head on over to the fingerprint enrollment department which will help in getting it done.
  3. The transfer form of the Iqama must be filled by each and every member of the family.
  4. The original Iqama and the passport along with both their copies, of the entire family.
  5. 2 passport size photographs of each member of the family.
  6. When all of these documents are ready, take them to the transfer of service department at Jawazzat along with the final letter received by Jawazzat. They will immediately transfer all of the family members under your Iqama. Shortly after a SMS will inform you of the change. To check the status you may also go to your Abshir account under the Sponsoree Services where you will see your family members. Undoubtedly those who read this will be thinking that this is a long and tiresome procedure, however this is what everyone has to go through. Renewal of the family Iqama is done every 2 years for 1000 SAR per family member, and the most important thing is that the entire family is able to stay with you, together.

Those of us who have gone through this know the fact that there is no major expense throughout the entire procedure written above. The only place which will cost money is the documentation part. Those going to the Jawazzat should be aware of the several agents sitting outside of it and offering their services to anyone who is seen entering Jawazzat.  Although these people may promise you to have the entire process done quickly, there is no real guarantee that the person, who is sitting as an agent outside of Jawazzat is not just an ordinary con artist. These agents can ask you for anything between 2000 to 4000 SAR and will promise you to have the process done in half the time that it usually takes. It is however advisable to not give into their salesman skills and to adopt the legal and official way wherever possible. Paying off agents for such an important task can land you in hot legal waters and can cause you to not be able to get the Iqama of your family transferred on to your name.

Transfer of Sponsorship (NaqalKafala)
  1. Transferring Sponsorship in Saudi Arabia
  2. Transferring Sponsorship if Kafeel is in Red Nitaqat Category
  3. Procedure to Transfer the Dependent’s Sponsorship to Employer
  4. Transfer of Sponsorship of Wife in Saudi Arabia
  5. Responsibility of Iqama Transfer Fee


Follow us in Google+