Recently Saudi Arabia has announced one more expansion budget which confirms that it intends on spending heavily on its key development projects
- KAEC or King Abdullah Economic City: The project is currently valued at $ 50 billion USD. The KAEC is a huge dev elopement which is located in Rabigh, Saudi Arabia. The master plan which has been designed for this development project shows that the total area of the city will be divided into a residential zone, industrial zone, sea port and sea resort. The project covers a total land area of 63 million meters squared.
- Sudair City Development: This project is estimated to be valued at $ 40 Billion USD and is currently being handled by the Saudi Industrial Property Authority (Modon) the Sudair city project has different developmental projects which include educational, entertainment, commercial and residential facilities. The Sudair city project is estimated to be spanning over a total land area of 258 million meters squared, just north of Riyadh city.
- Princess Noura Bint Abdul Rahman University for Women in Riyadh: The development project is currently being handled by the Higher Education and Finance Ministry. The project is estimated to have a value of $ 11.5 Billion USD. The Princess Noura University for Women in Riyadh involved the construction of a university which has been aimed at being only for women. The total university campus is estimated to cover around 8 million meters squared, and is located just north of Riyadh city on the King Khalid International Airport Road. The total area on campus which is built on 3 million meters squared.
- The Landbridge Project: The development project has been handled by the Saudi Railway Organization (SRO) and the estimated value of the project is set at USD $ 10 Billion. The Landbridge project is a railway network spanning across 950 kilometers. The network is aimed to connect Dammam on the Arabian Gulf, right up to Jeddah on the Red Sea. Another part of the project is a railway line spanning over 115 kilometers which will connect the King Fahd Industrial Port with the Jubail Industrial city.
- Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Mousaed Economic City: The development project is currently being handled by the Razika Holding company, Al Mal Investment Company. Estimated value of the project is $ 8 Billion USD. The Economic City is set to be completed in several phases by the year 2022 and is aimed towards building the city in Hail. The total land area for the economic city is expected to be 156 million meters squared.
- KEC or Knowledge Economic City: The development project is currently handled by the Knowledge Economic City developers and the value of the project is estimated to be at USD $ 8 billion. The total land area for the KEC is estimated to be around 5 million meters squared and the total built area is set to cover 9 million meters squared. The project is aimed towards the building of the KEC in Madinah city.
- KAIA or King Abdul Aziz International Airport Development: The project is currently being handled by the General Authority of Civil Aviation and the value of the project is estimated at $ 4.5 billion USD. The project is aimed for development till 2035 by which time the King Abdul Aziz International Airport will have undergone massive development and will be able to handle around 80 million passengers
- Haramain High Speed Rail Project: The SRO or Saudi Railway Organization is currently handling the project whose value is estimated at $ 4 Billion USD. The Haramain High Speed Rail Project or the HHR is a development project of a railway line spanning 450 kilometers which are aimed to connect Madinah and Makkah through Jeddah. The HHR will be electrically powered passenger double line between Jeddah, Madinah and Makkah.
- North – South Railway: The project is currently being handled by the SRO or Saudi Railways Organizations and the PIF or the Public Investment Fund. The value of the project is set to be estimated at USD $ 3.5 Billion. The North – South Railway is a 2400 kilometer long railway project. The main objective of this railway will be to connect the phosphate and bauxite mines at Al Jalamid and Az Zubairah to the processing facilities which are located at the Ras Azur Port.
- JEC or Jizan Economic City: The project is currently being handled by the MMC Group, Saudi BinLadin Group and the value of the JEC project is estimated to be at USD $ 3 Billion. The construction of the project is set to be completed by 2020 in several phases. The JEC Project has been aimed towards the construction of the JEC around 725 kilometers to the South of Jeddah by the Red Sea. The Jeddah Economic City will comprise of industrial commercial and residential zones.
Job Hunting in Saudi Arabia
- Top 25 Construction Companies of Saudi Arabia
- 5 Best Cities to work as an Expatriate in Saudi Arabia
- Common Mistakes in CVs of residents of Saudi Arabia
- Salaries of Expatriate Women in Saudi Arabia
- Top 5 Websites for Job Hunting in Saudi Arabia
- Highest Paying Jobs in Saudi Arabia