I have heard numerous cases especially from countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines and Egypt when people pay their hard earned money to the agents in the hope to get visa of Saudi Arabia. Sometimes it proves to be very effective and they get their desired visa in compensation of the money paid to the agents. But there are many cases when agent disappears after receiving money or is unable to give required visa to the one who paid him money. Today I am going to share with you some tips to protect you from Saudi Visa fraud. Before going into details, it is important to mention here that as per Article 40 (1) of Saudi Labor Law, it is responsibility of the employer to bear the cost of recruitment. So there is no need at all to pay any money to the agents. However, even when you are paying money to agents take care of the following matters.
- Check that the agent who is asking for money is one of the approved overseas employment agent by Bureau of Emigration and Overseas Employment. If he is not approved agent, it does not mean that he is a fraud or thug, but you need to be more careful while dealing with such agent.
- Try to re-negotiate and reduce the amount of payment you need to make in advance. Try to convince agent that you will make payment just after reaching to job abroad, second option is to convince him to make payment after processing of visa on passport, third and last option is to make a little bit payment equivalent to amount required for processing of visa in advance and remaining payment after the visa processing. You should never pay full money in advance.
- Try to find some mutual contacts with the agent you are dealing with. For example, if his office is in Delhi, you should look for some friend or relative who lives in Delhi and ask him to enquire about that agent. In this way, he would be able to get some mutual contacts with agent.
- Always make payment through cross cheque in the presence of your mutual contact. Payment through cross cheque is always credited to bank account which is a solid proof of payment. In case of fraud, FIA would be able to track that person through his bank account easily.
- Check from how many years that agent is working, a long stay at one place means that he has good repute and you can rely upon him a little more.
Other Type of Visas
- Can I come back to Saudi Arabia on new visa if I have unpaid loan/credit card debt?
- Procedure to get New Visa after Final Exit Visa
- VFS Tasheel Service for Saudi Visa Processing
- Step by Step Process of Saudi Working Visa
- How to Apply for Business Visit Visa of Saudi Arabia