All of us know that we have to attest our foreign legal documents from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) Saudi Arabia to validate them within KSA. All your legal documents (foreign degrees) need to be attested by the foreign office of the country from where it is issued and then from Saudi Embassy of that country. After attestation from the Saudi Embassy, you cannot use this document in Saudi Arabia unless it is attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Saudi Arabia. Similarly, a legal document from Saudi Arabia (marriage certificate) does not have any worth out of Saudi Arabia if it is not attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia. Today, we shall be describing the procedure to attested legal documents from MOFA Saudi Arabia.
Online Application to Attest Documents from MOFA Saudi Arabia
Go to MOFA Website from this link. It will open a form for you which need to be filled in Arabic. If you are not good in Arabic writing, you can take help from Google Translator or anyone else who can write Arabic. Keep in mind, Google Translator is not reliable for this purpose. Names mentioned here should match with your name on Iqama.
In the next step, you need to choose which service you want to use. Mine was Attestation of Birth Certificate of my Child. You can select the one you thing more relevant to your purpose. It will take you to another screen from where you need to further select the sub-category of the document you want to attest from MOFA.
Once it is done, you will be directed to another page to confirm the attestation of certificates you have selected. Just click on the “Send” button on the page and you will receive an SMS on your mobile number input at the first step of the application. SMS will be containing the request number as well as SADAD number to make the payment of SR 30 for attestation. In next step, it is recommended to print the application so that you can show it to officials when you personally visit MOFA office.
Now you need to make payment of SR 30 through SADAD. We have published a separate article explaining details to make payment of MOFA Fee using SADAD. Recommended: Payment of Fee for Attestation of Documents to MOFA Saudi Arabia
Procedure to Attest Documents from MOFA Saudi Arabia
- Once this is done, try to find the building of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your region. You can search it on Google Maps to get the exact location. Try to be there early in the morning. There are separate counters for the companies and individuals. Make sure you take a token for Individuals.
- If your documents are in a language other than Arabic, you need to translate them into Arabic. You will find many translators in the surroundings of the building of MOFA.
- Don’t forget to take your Iqama with you, you would not be allowed to enter the building without it. Don’t carry your laptop or mobile phones with you. They will keep your mobile phone on the security check.
- Make sure that your legal documents (degree or marriage certificate) are duly attested by Saudi Embassy of the country.
- Sometimes you need to attest letters issued by companies in Saudi Arabia e.g. letter of invitation for business visit visa. In that case, make sure that the letter is attested by the chamber of commerce of the city. Recommended: Important Points about Attestation from Chamber of Commerce
- Upon your turn, you will be asked to show your valid Iqama, appointment taken from MOFA and payment of SR 30 fee print. He will check stamp from Saudi Embassy of your country and translation of legal document from an approved translator. He will stamp the document once he is satisfied with this. Now you can use this document with every department in Saudi Arabia. If the document is issued locally, you can use it in any other country.
- It is important to mention here that you can attest your own documents or documents of your dependents. They will not attest your cousin’s documents if you carry them with you.
Degree Attestation from MOFA Jeddah
- Go there around 4:00 AM and give your name. You might get a number around 50.
- You can go home after that. Only at around 6.45 to 7.00 they call the names written in the paper and arrange them in the queue as per the order
- You need not wait from 4:00 to 7:00 un-necessarily
- Even if you come little late - they are allowing you in the middle of the queue as per your initial name entry number. But it better be there by 6:45 when they call out the names.
Other Procedures related to Jawazat & MOI