Below are some ways in which you can help protecting your vehicles;
- Keep the doors locked at all times, even when driving.
- Never leave your car running unattended
- Whenever parked, never leave the keys in your car and make sure you close all the windows and also the sunroof.
- Avoid leaving any of your valuable inside of the car, where it is easily visible from outside.
- Avoid leaving the car title inside. Many a times the thieves are let go of, just because they produce proper documentation. For those cars which are shared, it is better to have a pre decided hiding spot with all the registration and other papers.
- Always know where you are going, that way you can avoid any potentially unsafe area by taking an alternate route even if it means taking longer.
- The installation of anti theft systems in your car is a must. Thieves are reluctant to steal any car if they think it will be recovered quickly.
- Thieves of all fields, prefer to work at night, hence it is better to be extra careful during the night time in car parks or lots. If possible park near security or in a well lit area.
- Be completely aware of your surroundings, before entering or exiting your car, take a look around.
- Have your VIN etched onto each one of the windows in your car. Thieves would not want to replace every single window in the vehicle.
- While in a slope, park your car in gear or keep your tires turned. This will make it harder for your car to be towed.
Different Anti-Theft Systems
- A steering lock which can be attached onto the steering wheel after the car has been parked. It is a deterrent and good for showing that protective measures have been taken.
- Ignition cut off systems which do not allow the car to be started until a hidden button is pressed.
- A system which emits signals which can be tracked down by the police.
Different Kind of Thieves
- Responsible for the majority of auto thefts
- Preference lies on high performance, yet non exotic cars, which are extremely popular amongst people.
- These thieves hand over stolen cars to chop shops which then dismantle the car into many pieces and then sell it.
- Specific cars are also stolen in order to smuggle them into another country.
- The Joy Riders mostly target only luxury, high performance and exotic cars. In the case of Joy Riders, the cars are stolen thrashed and then left to be found.
BUMP AND ROB
- This is quickly becoming the major trend in carjacking all over the world. Another car bumps into your car and as you get out of your car to evaluate the damage, somebody steals it. while stopping at a traffic signal, it is better to leave enough room in front to allow your vehicle to move or change course.
Other Issues related to Driving in KSA
- Black Box to redundant Speed Cameras
- Rules regarding Tires of Vehicles in Saudi Arabia
- Driver Arrested for Transporting his Son in Car Trunk
- Procedure to Report Stolen Car in Saudi Arabia
- Usage of Cell Phones has caused 8,000 Deaths on the Saudi Roads