Why it is so important to Save Water?
Water is one of the most precious resources on earth, hence it is wise that we conserve it as much as possible, not only for ourselves but for the future generations to come. Here are a few tips which can help you save water; Even though we might not think that water is a scarcity there are many people who face shortage of water on a daily basis. If you decide to make a change and actually conserve water you will be;
- Reducing the energy which is used in the cleaning of the waste water. The process takes up a lot of precious energy, while heating the water to get hot water in taps is also an energy consuming process.
- You also save up on precious money. If you install the water meter, you can actually save a significant amount of money over the year.
10 Useful Water Saving Tips at your Home
- Just by turning off the tap while you brush your teeth will allow you to save around 6 liters of water every minute.
- You can add a cistern displacement device on the cistern of you toilet in order to reduce the amount of water which will be used each time you flush the toilet. You can get any one of these through water provider offices or sanitary fittings store.
- While showering we tend to use anywhere between 6 and 45 liters every minute, hence take shorter showers to conserve most amount of water.
- Always wash your clothes in a full load. This will enable you to skip out the unnecessary washes in between.
- If your tap is dripping, fix it as soon as possible. A tap which is tripping will allow 15 liters of water to be wasted every day. This converts into 5500 liters per year.
- You can use a water butt in your drainpipe which will collect the used water. This can be used later on to either wash your car, clean windows or to water any plants.
- Water your garden with the use of a watering can rather than a hosepipe. A hosepipe uses nearly 1000 liters of water per hour. By placing straw, compost or bark chippings near the plants and watering in the morning you can ensure that the water doesn’t evaporate and also conserves water.
- If you use tap water for drinking then fill jugs with tap water and place in the fridge. This will allow you to refrain from keeping the tap on till the water actually gets cold.
- Installing a water meter is also a good idea. Just like in all other utilities you consume such as electricity. This will help you keep a record of the water you are using, which will motivate you to save.
- Invest in things which are water efficient, while replacing household products. You can purchase everything from taps, washing machines, toilets, showerheads, dishwashers and other products which actually help conserve water.
- How to Get Cold Tap Water during summer in Saudi Arabia?
- Differences in Bottled Water between USA and KSA
- Quality of Tap Water in Saudi Arabia
- Free Lunch for one year – Saudi soldier rewarded for giving water to Thirsty Cat
- Great Health Benefits of Rice Water