They say if you truly want to learn about some place, simply ask the locals. So that’s what we decided to do when we reached out to a few of the locals of Jeddah, also known as Jeddawis, and we asked them what it is that they really loved about their city Jeddah. In accordance to the responses, we have compiled a list of things which are loved about Jeddah.
9 Things everyone living in Jeddah, loves about Jeddah
- Firstly the city never sleeps. In some foreign countries, as soon as it is nightfall people close down shop and rush home, however in Jeddah, it is the opposite. The day starts after the Isha prayers with shops and businesses open till late. Those who are lucky to have spent Ramadan in Jeddah know how life usually starts at about 12 a.m.
- Jeddah is also extremely close to the cities of Madinah and Makkah, which is a great privilege since you can easily travel to any of the two holy cities on a moment’s notice.
- Jeddah is located on the Red Sea and hence is host to one of the most beautiful cornice locations in the world. Any time of the day you can guarantee a beautiful view at the corniche.
- Jeddawis are also extremely charity conscious. The numerous charity drives and campaigns being held in the city make for a good opportunity to head out and help out those people or initiatives that need all the help they can get.
- Jeddah is also home to some of the best food in the Kingdom. The restaurants in Jeddah serve cuisines from all over the world and within reasonable prices. Food is something which all Jeddawis agree on. Everything from fast food such as shawarma, falafel to more fine dining, everything is available in Jeddah. While we are talking about food how can we forget the world famous Al Baik restaurant. Al Baik was the original Saudi fast food chain and is cherished by Jeddawis and other people of the Kingdom. It is also light on your pockets, which means you can keep on eating.
- Jeddah is home to many nationalities and hence has a very diverse culture. The experience of meeting people from every corner of the world is something which sets Jeddah apart from other cities in the Kingdom
- If you fancy, fancy cars then Jeddah is the place for you. Every weekend Tahlia Street converts into a petrol head heaven, as every super car in your imagination can be imagined there, from Bugattis to Lamborghinis to Ferraris and many more can be viewed there. Tahlia street is in itself if the Champs-Elysees of Jeddah with all the fancy stores.
- Jeddah is also home to some of the best artwork and sculptures which have been placed on most roundabouts making Jeddah into an open air art museum.
- Jeddah has a mall located in every district at least. All these malls cater to everyone’s needs and with the décor so grandiose that people often end up taking pictures of the mall.
Source: Destination Jeddah
Looking for Best in Jeddah
- Top 6 English Learning Institutes in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- 5 Best Taxi Services in Jeddah
- The Best Hospitals in Jeddah
- Where to buy Gold in Jeddah?
- Best Shopping Malls in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia