We as humans always tend to be most fascinated by what appeals our eyes. Whether it’s a sunny day and a green garden filled with colorful flowers, or perhaps the clear blue sky with clouds as white as snow. Sometimes it could be the smile of someone we are extremely close to and at most times it’s the laughs of the young kids on the streets we don’t even know. Beauty can lie within anything. For doctors, it will be bloody, but it lies when they are performing surgeries. For a baker, it’ll be when he sees his bread perfectly rising in the oven. Though, for Architects beauty lies anywhere around them.
Architects just have to lift their gaze and they are surrounded by thousands of houses and buildings. Some of them maybe inspired by the Turks, or perhaps by the British colonial style. What influences the Kingdom most is how well architects have managed to reshape a land that was nothing more than a desert, centuries ago. Over the years, there has been a massive evolution. Now the Kingdom holds the most beautiful and record holding buildings and monuments that will definitely leave you in awe and amazement. If you ever get the chance and want to know exactly what I’m talking about, visit some of these amazing buildings that are called as Universities that will bound you to call them “beautiful”.
- King Abdulaziz University: If you want to see a good display of the Islamic culture and traditional Saudi values, this will always fascinate you. The campus is filled with fountains, large and beautiful auditoriums which all features brilliant Islamic Architecture. The campus gives the students a good environment to study in and stay focused.
- King Saud bin Abdulaziz University: Since the names of most of the Universities within the Kingdom are all named after the Kings and Princes of the Kingdom, the universities truly reflect the feeling of royal and extravagance. This university is probably a gorgeous one you’ll find in the Kingdom that ties together modern architecture along with Islamic architecture. It is a beautiful display using mainly glass and ample of greenery outside.
- Umm Al Qura University: This university that is situated in the holy city of Makkah is one big achievement for not only the architect of the building but each and every one who has been associated with the project. This is an absolute breathtaking site with long halls all decorated with arches in reminiscent of Islamic Architecture.
- King Abdullah University for Science and Technology: This is one of the highlights that attract students from all around the globe. If one must really see the magic of this University, they must see the campus at night that accompanies the seaside and state of the art facilities.
- Princess Nora Bint Abdul Rahman University: The campus is large and supports its own metro transport. It displays great architectural designs and layouts which make it a great place to study. Recommended: Largest Women only University of the World is in Saudi Arabia
Source: Destination Jeddah
- Top 5 Universities in Saudi Arabia
- Largest Women only University of the World is in Saudi Arabia
- First Ever University was founded by Muslim Woman
- List of Universities in Saudi Arabia
- Literacy Rate in KSA is 93% - Does reading and writing make you Literate?