Saudi Kingdom and Iran political and religious clash has its roots since 1979 when Ayatollah Khomeini’s started his antagonism and rigid statements against Saudi government and rules. Before that Saudi Arabia had very good terms with its neighbor (Iran). When Khomeini's took charge of Iranian government by executing rulers and all political leaders, they declared themselves as supporters of God and named itself as Hezbollah which is considered as a party of God which work according to commands of God. Since 1979, Iranian government has made several attacks on Saudi Kingdom; the details of these attacks are as follows;
- Year 1980: Hundreds of Iranian expatriates conducted a protest in front of Masjid e Nabwi in Madina whole holding photos of Khomeini during decade of 1980.
- Year 1980: During holy pilgrim 21 Iranian were arrested who were heavily loaded with weapons and explosives.
- Year 1980: In Tehran, several times Saudi and Kuwaiti embassies have been set to fire and they also captured Saudi ambassador Reda al-Nuzha.
- Year 1980: Hezbollah al-Hejaz which is a militant group of Iran plotted explosion of oil installation in Ras Tanura which is located in Eastern side of Kingdom which resulted in death of many journalists, scholars and security men.
- Year 1980: Another attack was planned by the same terrorist group of Iran which resulted in explosion of Sadaf petrochemical in Jubail which is an industrial city in East of Saudi Kingdom.
- Year 1996: Hezbollah al-Hejaz exploded a building compound in eastern Saudi Arabia and later the mastermind of this attack flee to Iran.
- Year 2009: Saudi government comprising on his supreme leader Khamenei and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad started an attack through media force when Saudi Arabia confronted Houthi aggressors from invading Saudi border.
- Year 2011: Khamenei who is supreme leader of Iran started religious rhetoric attacks on Saudi government on entrance of Peninsula shield forces in Bahrain instead of understanding the sensitivity of situation.
- Year 2015: During last year, World has witnessed open clash between Iran and Saudi Arabia when Iranian supreme leader Khamanei escalated his hateful religious speeches after launch of operation Decisive Storm which was aimed at Houthi aggressors on Saudi borders.
- Year 2016: The New Year has just started despite of this short time span, Saudi Arabia has faced several difficulties from its hateful neighbor Iran during last 5 days of 2016. World has witnessed that agents of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards made an attack on Saudi embassy in Tehran and set it on fire. Saudi consulate in Mashad was also targeted after last Saturday when Iranian hateful preacher Nimr al-Nimr was executed along with 46 other terrorists. Recommended: Who was Nimr Al-Nimr? 8 Crimes that led to his execution
This flashback of Iranian hateful conduct during last four decades is a glimpse of terrorist activities which Iran has headed towards Saudi Arabia since 1979. At last Saudi government has decided to combat with such behavior and decided to expel Iranian diplomats, cut diplomatic ties with Iran and suspend all flight operations from Saudi Arabia to Iran. Along all these measures, KSA will also stop all kind of trading activities with Iran including tourism.
Source: Al Arabiya
Security Conditions in Saudi Arabia
- Who was Nimr Al-Nimr? 8 Crimes that led to his execution
- Insight of the 1987 Attack on Makkah by Irani Pilgrims
- Potential Opportunities in Iran once the sanctions are lifted
- Why Terrorism is only increasing in the Muslim World?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Bank Robbery