In order to apply for the Iqama of your newly born child, you have to go through a detailed procedure. I think that it is easier to follow this procedure if you already get some information about it. One of the steps to apply for the Iqama of newly born child irrespective if he is born in Saudi Arabia or out of Saudi Arabia is to get an appointment with Jawazat for the issuance of Iqama of newly born baby. They are not accepting your application if you don’t have appointment in some regions like Jawazat Riyadh. However, this online appointment system is yet to start in Jawazat Jeddah.
Procedure to Book an Appointment with Jawazat for the issuance of Iqama of Newly Born Baby
- In order to Book an Appointment with Jawazat for the issuance of Iqama of Newly Born Baby, you must have an online account with Ministry of Interior. If you don’t have this account, you should get yourself registered with it. Recommended: Register for Abshir (MOI) Services
- If you already have an account with Ministry of Interior, just login to this account. Process of logging into account has been changed a little bit. Recommended: Process to Login to Abshir (MOI) Account
A new page will appear in which you need to click on “Proceed to Service”.
A new page will appear in which you need to click on “Book New Appointment”.
In the next step, there are 3 boxes and you need to check one of them.
Since you are intending to Book an Appointment with Jawazat for the issuance of Iqama of Newly Born Baby, just click on the red highlighted box as I did. It means “addition of child”. Select the region where you want to go. Write the number of Iqamas you are going to apply, in my case I was applying for only one.
Just click on the “select” in the actions column to select the particular available date.
A list of available appointments will appear in green boxes. Now it is up to you to choose anyone of them. In the next step, it will ask you to confirm the date of appointment. After that, you can simply print the ticket for appointment. Make sure you reach the Jawazat office on time. What are the documents you need to carry? What are the other requirements? It is very important to read the following two links for that.
- Procedure to Apply for Iqama of Newly Born Baby – Born inside Saudi Arabia
- Apply for Iqama of Newly Born Child - Born outside KSA
Iqama for Newly Born
- Procedure to get Health Insurance of Newly Born Baby in Saudi Arabia
- Factors to consider for Child Birth in Saudi Arabia
- List of Best Gynecologists in Riyadh
- Procedure to get Birth Certificate in Saudi Arabia
- Procedure to Book an Appointment with Ahwal-e-Madni