In my previous article, I have discussed about the matters one should consider in deciding the child birth in Saudi Arabia. Now, we will be talking about the steps you need to take after child's birth in Saudi Arabia. Paper work starts as soon as child gets birth. This article discusses about the procedure you need to adopt to get birth certificate of the child born in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We will be explaining the procedure to get birth certificate for your children from Saudi Arabia in detail.
- If you are expecting baby birth within next 30 days, then follow the given steps to get register your baby in KSA on time. Do get an appointment from Ahwal-Madni (Civil Affairs). You can get appointment from online system either you have online account on MOI web portal or not, to get appointment click on this link. “Book an Appointment with Ahwal Madni”. Keep in mind; you will have to contact the Ahwal e Madni of the same city where your child has taken birth. They will not entertain your application if you take appointment in some other city.
- There is a fine of SR 50 if you are going to Civil Affairs office after one month of your child's birth.
- If your appointment is beyond one month time and you want to avoid paying fine, you can go to the civil affairs office with the appointment paper (irrespective of the date of appointment) on 29th day of your child's birth. They will issue you a token so that you can avoid paying fine.
- Copy of your appointment. The person who gives token in Ahwal-Madni checks Date and time on your appointment paper then gives you token. You should only go there on the same date as mentioned on the appointment paper.
- Copy of Baby’s birth notification issued by the Hospital
- Iqama copy of baby’s father
- Iqama copy of baby’s mother
- Passport copy of baby’s father
- Passport copy of baby’s mother
- Filled form named ‘Form 87’. It is available on MOI web site and also available outside Ahwal-Madni office you can get filled services on SAR 15 to 20. Please note that all the form should be filled in Arabic. Anyone who can write URDU (or of course Arabic) can easily fill the form or take help with Any Pakistani friend to fill this up.
- Riyadh Office: It is near Nasriya Moror office just adjacent to Pakistan International School – Google Map Coordinates are 24.654209, 46.681778. First of all you go to main building and after you enter in this you will see a police guy sitting on left side of the main entrance gate here you have to show your appointment paper and he will gives you token. Then go to waiting area just on right side and wait for your turn (normally you will be served on window 2 or 3). Here you will provide all required papers (8 documents I mentioned above). After submitting your documents you have to go back to the same location and just check near window 2 or window 3 if there is any Saudi official guy who is holding Governmental birth certificate. It is light green color card little bit small from A4 paper size). So if you find that guy then tell him your baby’s name and get your certificate or if you not find him near windows then go to Manager’s room it’s on right side and adjacent to operation windows where you submitted your documents. Tell him your baby’s name and get your certificate. So with this your work with Ahwal-Almadi ended.
- Jeddah Office: Arbaeen Street (Prince Mitaeb Road) JEDDAH. GPS Coordinates: 21.5690689,39.209327. When you go enter the office, just go on your left until you reach the window which is the last one and show your appointment paper so the person can give you token number and wait for your turn. I submitted all my paper along with original passport of wife and mine with Iqama. He checked and prints out the birth certificate and asked me to wait for a while there. After 10-15 minutes, he will call everoney's name to return the birth certificate after stamping it. As soon as you received it please make sure all the details are correct. He will return all your documents and birth certificate which he printed. That's it. Shared by “Shoman”
Iqama for Newly Born
- Procedure to get Health Insurance of Newly Born Baby in Saudi Arabia
- Apply for Iqama of Newly Born Child – Born inside KSA
- Apply for Iqama of Newly Born Child – Born outside KSA
- Bringing Newly Born Baby on On-Arrival Visa to KSA
- Recent Experience to Apply for Iqama of Newly Born Child