All those who have ever visited the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, or have any knowledge about it, know one thing for certain, the Saudi people have an unquenchable thirst for the finest automobiles, whether they be 2 wheeled, 3 wheeled, 4 wheeled or even 6 wheeled. It is generally during this time of the year that all of the car owners and prospective first time buyers are made to make a very tough decision. This tough decision is to whether buy the 2017 model or the newer model, or whether to buy the previous model or the 2016 model. The answer to this question is a tad bit more complicated than non car people might think it is, otherwise everybody would be doing it. What we have below for you are a few key tips which you should always consider before deciding whether to trade in your car for a newer model, or to buy an older / newer model of a different car.
- Firstly and most importantly, the most vital factor is the length of ownership. If the ownership period is longer, it is less likely that the depreciation of the old or current vehicle. To those who do not understand, for instance if you own a C Class Mercedes Benz 2016 model, the 2017 model will be the same generation (change in lights, shape, features etc.) and hence depreciation will not be an issue with either models in the long run.
- Secondly you should be checking out if there are any sorts of incentives offered either by the manufacturers or the car dealership. It is highly likely that around the peak season or holiday seasons, car manufacturers and dealerships offer bigger incentives on the 2016 models, prior to the arrival of the 2017 line.
- If there is a higher demand for the car than the manufacturer is able to provide, the price of the car will sky rocket if you want it delivered within a reasonable amount of time (read : less than 6 months) the existing cars will become even more expensive.
- Thirdly you should compare the added option, additional features, changes etc. from one model to the next, and you should seriously consider paying more for certain additional features, only if they are of any use to you.
- Finally the newer models, or the first lot/s off the construction line, might experience some problems which are then solved in later lots or generations, hence it is always advisable to check if the model you want to buy or the make you want to buy has a high recall rate of their car lines.
- The resale value of the car is also one of the most important things if you like to buy and sell different cars frequently.
I hope all of these tips are of some use to you when you are pondering over your next automobile. This decision can be an important one which you literally have to deal with on a daily basis, so think it over before committing.
Other Issues related to Driving in KSA
- Dangers associated with Abandoned Cars to the Saudi Society
- No more concealed Saher Cameras in Saudi Arabia – Traffic Police
- Saudi man modifies his Lamborghini into a fake police car
- Driving dangerously does not prove “You’ve got balls”
- Save your fuel using the cruise control function in your Car