Few days ago it was published in newspapers that Government has banned a particular type of Number Plates. Government has confiscated thousands of cars since that time because of number plate violation. If you want to change your number plate from the old number plate to the new one, you will have to follow the following mentioned procedure. Recommended: Old Vehicle Registration Plates are no more valid in Saudi Arabia It is important to mention here that the Procedure to replace stolen vehicle registration plate in Saudi Arabia is different from the procedure explained below. We have discussed about it in detail in this link. Recommended: Procedure to replace stolen vehicle registration plate in Saudi Arabia
Procedure to Change Vehicle Number Plate in Saudi Arabia
- You need to go to the Maroor or Traffic Police office along with following documents. Make sure you carry original as well as copies of all the below documents. Traffic police will give you a form to fill. This form needs to be filled in Arabic. All the following documents needs to be attached with the form.
- First of all, you will have to make sure that you have valid Fahas or MVPI (Motor Vehicle Periodic Inspection). In case you don’t have valid MVPI, you will have to follow this procedure. Recommended: Procedure to pass Fahas (Motor Vehicle Periodic Inspection) in Saudi Arabia
- You need to have valid Istamara or Vehicle registration to change the vehicle number plate in Saudi Arabia. In case your vehicle registration or Istamara is not valid, you will have to follow this procedure. Recommended: Procedure to Renew Istamara (Vehicle Registration) Online
- You need to have valid vehicle insurance. The minimum requirement is third party insurance. However, if you have comprehensive insurance, you can also submit its copy to the traffic police. Recommended: Auto Insurance in Saudi Arabia
- You will have to pay the fee to change vehicle number plate in Saudi Arabia i.e. SR 100. You can pay it through SADAD or take help of some agents who sits near the office of traffic police station.
Istamara and Fahas
- Saudi buys Car Registration Plate “1111” for SR 650,000
- Expatriate who earns SR 4,000 per month, rejects an offer of SR 3 million for his unique Car Number Plate
- SR 2,000 Fine for Hiding Number Plate from Saher Cameras
- The Oldest Vehicle Number Plate of Saudi Arabia