All of us who has come to Saudi Arabia on Job visa know that the visa is issued for only 90 days. Employers are required to process the Iqama of employees within 90 days of their arrival to Saudi Arabia. Employees are allowed to travel all around Saudi Arabia on the basis of this visa issue for 90 days. But why this visa is issued for 90 days? Have you ever thought about it? Well, this is because of the probation period. Every employee has the right to resign within 90 days of his arrival to Saudi Arabia if he does not find his job suitable unless specified otherwise in the contract.
We have already published a detailed article about the “Probation Rules under Saudi Labor Law”. I would strongly recommend you to read it so that you can understand about your rights. In case, an employee decides to resign within probation period, he will have to follow the following procedure. However, before making a decision to resign, you should read this article in detail “Can I Request for Final Exit within 3 months?” You should not resign from your job within probation period without reading the above article. Step by Step procedure to get final exit within probation period has been explained below.
- First of all, you have to officially resign from your job. Normally, resignation comes with a notice period. By Saudi Labor Law, you are not required to give any notice period to your employer within probation period. However, I would still recommend you to give at least 30 day notice so that he can make necessary arrangements. Recommended: Notice Period under Saudi Labor Law
- If your iqama has already been processed, employer will issue final exit using MOI account. If iqama has not been issued yet, employer will send the passport to the Jawazat for the processing of Final Exit.
- You will find few numbers written in Arabic at the time when your passport is returned by the Jawazat office. These numbers are written after the issuance of final exit. You don’t need any final exit paper now days as the system is online.
- However, before leaving Saudi Arabia, I would strongly recommend you to read into this article in detail. Although, you don’t have to look into all the requirements but many requirements apply to you. Recommended: Procedure of Final Exit from Saudi Arabia
- In case you want to come back to Saudi Arabia on a new visa with the new employer, you can easily come back to Saudi Arabia. I have explained the procedure in detail in this article “Procedure to get New Visa after Final Exit Visa”