Foot odor or smelly feet occur as a result of bacteria feeding on sweat producing distinct stink. No doubt this is embarrassing and there are a number of medicines and remedies to avoid this condition. Following are some remedies which may help you get rid of this:
- Black tea: The active ingredient is tannic acid which closes pores, eliminates bacteria and reduces sweat. Boil 2-3 cups of water with 2 teabags. Pour this water in a bucket of regular water and soak feet for 20mins and dry them.
- Vinegar: use 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water to soak feet in this solution. Dry your feet after washing.
- Ginger: take a piece of ginger root, enclose it in a cotton bag and dip it in warm water. Use this water to massage on your feet at night.
- Sage: sprinkle dried sage in your shoes before wearing them or soak your feet in sage water.
- Baking soda: use sodium bicarbonate to sprinkle in your shoes before wearing them or soak your feet for 20mins in baking soda water solution.
- Epsom salt: use Epsom salt with warm water to soak your feet in the solution for 20mins. Do not use excessive salt otherwise it may cause irritation.
- Talcum powder: applying talcum powder before wearing shoes helps in drying your feet, reduces sweat for a longer period and gives a nice scent.
- Borax: spray borax powder in your shoes 20mins prior to wearing them. Clean shoes before wearing them. It kills bacteria and reduces odor.
- Start by washing your feet with the help of your bathroom soap, body or foot cleanser. Make thick leather of soap and use a brush with scrubbing motion to clean your feet. Rinse and dry them with the help of paper towel. (moisture may cause odor)
- To remove dead skin, use foot file or pumice stone to scrub away the dead cells. After shower, your dead skin is moist and soft and prone to bacterial attack.
- Wear clean socks changing those 12 hourly. If your feet sweat, allow them to dry before wearing shoes.
- Try to wear sandals casually. For office, wear absorbing thick socks. Prefer canvas material or leather shoes and avoid wearing them for the whole day
Medical Treatment to get rid of Smelly Feet
- Surgical spirit may be used to dab on feet skin every night as it has a drying effect, reducing sweat.
- Use medicated foot powder, anti perspirant or anti-fungal feet spray on your feet before wearing shoes.
- Medicated insole maybe used to eliminate bacteria, reduce sweat, protect feet and gives a deodorant effect.
- Antibacterial soaps and lotions are easily available to reduce foot smell.
- Use of Potassium permanganate can be guided by chiropodist which works as a mild antiseptic. Its excessive use may turn your feet and nails brown temporarily.
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- 4 Benefits of applying Lemon Juice on Skin
- 15 Tips to get rid of Gas Pain without medication
- 9 Natural Ways to get rid of Dark Circles under your Eyes
- When you should start worrying about your Mole?
- Why do Mosquitoes love to bite certain people over others?