Lemon juice is overloaded with vitamins which are beneficial for its use in foods, to treat a number of disorders and direct application on skin. The acid in lemon juice comes with a vast variety of benefits, few of them mentioned as follows:
- Discolorations, scars, wrinkles and spots on skin due to some disorder maybe improved easily by applying diluted lemon juice over these.
- Lemon juice comes with antibacterial properties which is good with combating and preventing acne breakouts. This juice fights with the bacteria on skin which leads to acne and pimples. It also prevents and reduces blackheads.
- Lemon juice removes the superficial dead skin layer acting as a natural exfoliant and peel off effect. It results in smoother skin when used religiously.
- Other benefits include lightning, brightening and acting as a natural toner for oily skin and fighting against wrinkles.
10 Tips to use lemon juice on skin: There are various ways and forms in which lemon juice can be applied on skin:
- As a facemask with few tablespoons of lemon juice, turmeric powder and Greek yogurt. Mix it till its smooth and apply on your face for 20mins.
- Use it as a scrub with lemon juice, honey and sugar to exfoliate your skin gently.
- Apply lemon juice directly on age spots overnight. For multiple scars, take a warm bath with half cup of lemon juice and soak your body in it for 20mins.
- Rub fresh lemon juice on knees, elbows and heels to get rid of discolored rough skin. Leave it overnight.
- For blackheads, rub fresh lemon juice on it every night until they disappear. Always rinse your face with cold water in morning.
- Use a mixture of lemon juice, honey and olive oil in equal quantities as a moisturizer for extremely dry skin. Rinse it after 20mins.
- Use lemon juice as a toner for oily skin with vodka, water and witch hazel by applying it on oily areas and rinsing with cold water.
- Use a quarter piece of lemon and dip it in sugar for its use as an exfoliant.
- Lemon juice with almond oil and honey can be used for wrinkles around the eyes for 20mins daily until wrinkles disappear.
- 2 teaspoons of strong lemon juice can be applied directly on acne to get rid of it either overnight or for 30 mins.
5 WARNINGS WHILE USING LEMON JUICE
- If you feel burning or stinging, dilute lemon juice with water. It is because of your sensitive skin
- Do not use lemon juice directly on dry skin without moisturizer otherwise the consequences would be worse.
- If you are already on some topical treatment, consult your physician before using lemon juice as it may interfere with your treatment.
- Lemon juice might make your skin dry and prone to infections. Do not use it daily initially until you know its effect on your skin.
- Lemon juice may make your skin prone to sunburn, so avoid sun exposure.
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- Why do Mosquitoes love to bite certain people over others?
- 3 Simple Tips to reduce Male Breast (Chest Fat)
- Do you know the value of your body organs? HOT is a $1.5 billion industry
- Are you drinking Contaminated Bottled Water?
- King Fahad Hospital Jeddah removes scissors from Child’s Brain