Every airport has specific areas for VIP areas which can only be visited by special persons and personnel related to specific categories. These lounges are luxurious than other lounges of any airport and have number of facilities. However it is not possible for general public to visit these lounges. Special security measures are set for ensuring the security of VIP’s visiting these lounges. The beauty and luxury of these VIP lounges of world’s biggest airports is worth watching. KSA also has VIP lounges in all of its major airport but same like international airports, it is not allowed for general public to visit these lounges. Only special category people can visit these areas. Recently the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) has issued 7 categories of people who can visit these VIP lounges without any charge. Other all visitors would have to pay for using these VIP lounges as per instructions of GACA.
- The top and first category which can visit these lounges definitely belongs to Royal family. Princes and their families are allowed to visit these lounges without any restriction including their children, wife (wives) and any person belonging to their in laws. Even of their in laws are not royal they are allowed to visit these lounges free of charge.
- The second category again belongs to royal family i.e. Princesses and their families including their husbands, children, father in law, mother in law and two other main beneficiaries even if they are not royal.
- The third category belongs to the presidents of all GCC countries along with their families including their wives, husbands, children and parents even if they are not royal.
- The fourth category belongs to Ministers of KSA and other key personnel of big departments and ministries of KSA. It also includes the members of Supreme Judicial Council, members of the Supreme Court, members of the Council of Senior Scholars, heads of investigation and public prosecution bodies, presidents of Appeals Courts and officers of the rank of colonel. The retirees of all these departments and generals are also allowed even after their retirement along with their wives and children below the age of 25 years. These all person can also visit the lounges along with their unmarried daughters regardless of their ages and with parents and two other beneficiaries.
- Under the fifth category of GACA list, imams of the Grand Mosque and all other members who are associated with Shoura council along with their families including wives, children and parents are included.
- Sixth category includes the government officers in the 15th rank or above including heads of the diplomatic mission, officers of the ranks of brigadier and ambassadors in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with their families.
- The seventh category as per GACA instructions include ambassadors serving in the Kingdom, their representatives and consular and military attaché serving in the Kingdom can visit VIP lounges of all airports along with their families free of charge or any other restriction.
Source: Arab News
- Book your Luggage in Saudi Airlines without visiting Riyadh Airport
- List of Domestic and International Airports in Saudi Arabia
- 4 Rights of Airline Passengers if flight gets delayed in Saudi Arabia, How I claimed them?
- SR 300/Hour – Compensation to be paid by Airlines to Flight Passengers in case of Delays
- 10 Unknown Facts about Jeddah’s new Airport