Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has issued a circular according to which 33 nationalities are allowed to get driving license without any hurdle or further testing process in UAE. These nationalities are included due to the fact that traffic rules and driving difficulties are same for Dubai and these 33 nationalities. The list of these 33 nationalities includes Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Oman among Middle East countries. These countries can get a permanent driving License in Dubai by submitting their homeland driving license.
Besides Middle East, there are several countries from Europe which are included in the list of nationalities who are allowed to get a permanent driving license. The list of European countries include, Spain, Germany, Norway, Austria, Belgium Holland, Italy, Sweden, Turkey, Greece*, United Kingdom, Poland, Romania, France, Ireland Finland, Switzerland, Portugal and Denmark. The nationalities of above mentioned countries don’t have to fulfill re test requirements and can easily get permanent driving license in Dubai. Some countries which are on the top exclusive list include United States of America, South Africa and Canada*. Some other countries which make license from Asia and Oceania region are Singapore, Hong Kong, *, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea* and Japan. These countries have to get new licenses by followed complete procedure of applying for driving license.
As per instructions of Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) the countries above mentioned with asterisk are required to submit an English or Arabic translation of permanent driving license issued by their homeland countries. The countries except these 33 nationalities require their nationals to follow the complete procedure to get a verified permanent driving license in Dubai. The simple procedure includes following steps;
- The candidates should apply for driving license fulfilling all documentation and fee requirements.
- The second step will require candidate to pass knowledge test which will include traffic sign knowledge. The candidate will have to identify signs appearing on screen. In case he gets the qualifying marks in knowledge test, he will automatically qualify for the next step.
- The next and third step is to give road test. The candidate has to pass road test in order to get the license. In case a candidate fails to get the test pass, he will have to re take 8 further lessons before the test.
RTA has started a new program under the name Rukhsati’ (My License) which enables candidates to get themselves enrolled for driving license lessons till test appointment. This initiative has made it easy for candidates to take the test and get the valid driving license for all nationalities. Rukhsati program has enabled candidates to choose driving institutes of their own choice and ease. The program has replaced manual knowledge test to touch screen questionnaires with transparent and comforting environment. RTA has also introduced seven new languages for the ease of Candidates in knowledge driving test under Rukhsati Program. The list of new languages includes Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Persian, Russian, Chinese and Malayalam.
Source: Qatar Day
- Tips for Passing Saudi Driving License in Saudi Arabia
- Procedure to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Saudi Arabia
- Getting Driving License in Saudi Arabia
- Passing Computer Test for Saudi Driving License
- Check Originality of Saudi Driving License