There are around 1.5 million Pakistanis living in Saudi Arabia. According to unofficial stats issued by different agencies, the most number of expatriates living in Saudi Arabia from one country is Pakistan. Most number of Pakistanis living abroad is also Saudi Arabia. Few days ago, we published an article “List of Countries with Visa Free Access on Pakistani Passport” but you can see these are less than 25 countries where Pakistani Passport holders can get visa free access. If you have a look at “10 least powerful Passports of the world”, you will find Pakistan at the bottom. Why Pakistani Passport is among the worst Passports in the World? We have addressed this issue below.
- Terrorist Links: The most important reason why other countries don’t give visa free access to Pakistani passport is their relations with terrorism. I don’t say all Pakistanis are terrorists. They are very peaceful nation. But somehow, most of the terrorist attacks all around the world have links with Pakistan. I don’t want to go in detail. You don’t even have to justify it. I am not blaming Pakistan for supporting terrorism; I am telling you what world thinks about them.
- Overstaying the Visa: The main reason a country visa free access to the nationals of other countries is to promote tourism. They want other nationals to come to their country, spend some money, strengthen their economy and go back to their home countries. The reason Pakistanis passport is one of the worst passport of the world is their overstaying habit. Most of the Pakistanis have an intention to overstay in the country they are travelling to and earn some money there. They ultimately want to settle down there and get their status legalized. This is the reason; sometimes embassies reject visas for those Pakistanis who don’t have such intention. USA embassy in Jeddah rejected visa of one of my colleagues who wanted to go there for a company sponsored training.
- Law Abiding Citizens: Most of the Pakistanis do not have habit to follow rules and regulations. Perhaps, it is because of the culture in their country or general behavior. They are not very law abiding citizens. They try to violate traffic rules and feel proud in telling about it to others. How a country is going to accept this kind of attitude? It is unlike Filipinos and Indians who are considered very law abiding citizens.
- Weak Financial Condition: A large population of Pakistanis is living below the poverty line. They don’t have enough money to eat 2 times a day, drink clean water, wear proper clothes. I know, many Pakistanis are very rich but here I am talking about the majority. If a country opens up its border for them, there is a huge risk that they will not return back.
- Weak Political Condition: Unfortunately, Pakistani government is very week as far as tackling the visa issues with foreign offices of other countries is concerned. They are not even working on this issue to improve it in future. If situation continues like this, I don’t see Pakistani passport regaining its respect in near future.
Issues related to Passport
- Top 10 Most Powerful Passports in the World 2015
- 10 Least powerful Passports in the World 2015
- List of Countries with Visa Free Access on Pakistani Passport
- Visa Free Access to Countries for Saudis
- List of Countries with Visa Free Access on Indian Passport