Cancer has suddenly become a household illness, what once was a rare occurrence. Having personally dealt through it I urge all people to not ignore the following symptoms;
- Hoarseness and Cough - while most coughs are nothing to be worried about, a consistent cough or cacophony, accompanied by blood is a cause for serious concern.
- Changes in Bowel Habits – when your bowel movement is not as easy as it once way, or if your stool is appearing larger than usual or deformed, it could be a sign of colon cancer. It could also be a sign of a mass impeding the passage of the stool. In such a case, the person should immediately visit their doctor.
- Changes in bladder habits – if there is any blood in your urine, then it could very well indicate kidney or bladder cancer, however this is also a common sign of UTI or Urinary Tract Infection. Check for infections, prior to pursuing other options of treatment.
- Constant unexplained pain – most of the pain we feel is definitely not a sign of cancer, however any chronic or persistent pain must be examined by a medical professional. If you are having chronic headaches it might not mean you have brain cancer, however it is something to be checked. Pain in the chest area could be indicating lung cancer and abdomen pain can indicate ovarian cancer.
- Changes in appearance of moles – while not all of the moles on our body indicate melanoma, spotting a new mole, mark or spotting one which has changed its appearance is something to be concerned about, and you should have that checked by a dermatologist.
- Non healing sores – if you have any sore which has crossed the three week mark, you should discuss it with your doctor. We expect our body to have recovered from the sore by now; if it does not then you need to get that checked as it may be a sign of carcinoma.
- Unexpected bleeding – bleeding in the vaginal area, outside of the normal time cycle can be a clear early sign of cervical cancer and bleeding from the rectal area can indicate colon cancer.
- Unexplainable weight loss – while grownups are trying to lose weight all the time, if the weight is simply falling off you without any effort, it could be a serious medical problem such as a tumor or malignancy
- Any unexplainable lumps – any time that one has any lumps or a lump which is changing, it is a cause for serious concern. It may be the beginning of a cyst, it could very well also be the cancer. A lump in the breast area can be a common symptom of breast cancer.
- A difficulty in swallowing – two cancers which can be behind this symptom includes esophageal and neck cancer. People who are suffering from these symptoms will start to change their diets to eat softer foods, without thinking that there might actually be a serious health issue.
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- An Aspirin a Day Keeps the Cancer Away
- 14 Every day food items that may cause cancer
- Saudi Family bears medical expenses for the treatment of Housemaid’s Cancer
- Patient Died due to negligence as Hospital Hides condition of Cancer Patient for 5 Years
- Easy Taxi offers free rides to women in Saudi for breast cancer checkups