UK is a dream country to visit. I normally don’t suggest people to spend more than a week in one city for tourism purpose but I would suggest you to plan not less than 2 weeks if you are going to visit London. It is important to mention here that getting UK visa stamped on your passport is more difficult than USA or Canada visa especially if you are an expatriate from South Asian country. However, if you are planning to apply it from Saudi Arabia, still there are more chances of getting endorsed. In the below guidelines, I am going to narrate full procedure to Apply for the UK Visa along with guidelines. There are many kinds of visas you can apply for according to your needs. However, this guide is only related to “Standard Visitor Visa”. Check this link if you want to know more about this type of visa.
Procedure to Apply for the UK (United Kingdom) visa from Saudi Arabia
- First of all, you will have to fill a long application using this link. You will have to register your account with the website if you have not applied before for any kind of visa. One application needs to be filled for each passport holder. Read the instructions carefully and fill them truly. Any wrong information may result in a long term ban to apply for the UK visit visa. You will need following documentation and information to fill this application.
- All passports used within last 10 years
- You will have to fill each and every travel from Saudi Arabia with respective dates in the preceding 10 years. You can check the exit stamp dates on your passport to establish the dates. As these dates are according to Hijri calendar, you will have to convert them in Gregorian calendar using this converter.
- Home and Office Address in Saudi Arabia
- Address and other details of the person who is inviting you to the UK (if any)
- Full name and Date of Birth of your Parents
- Total Salary Package
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months from the intended date of travel. I would suggest you to apply with enough validity of passport so that it does not become the reason of rejection.
- You also need to get a letter from your sponsor in Saudi Arabia addressed to the UK Consulate or the UK Embassy as the case may be, stating your full salary and designation in the company. This letter needs to be stamped by the Chamber of Commerce of Saudi Arabia. If you are an expatriate earning more than SR 12,000 per month, there are more chances of your Schengen visa to be accepted by the embassy. Recommended: Sample Introduction Letter for Visa Processing in Saudi Arabia
- It is better to attach the bank statement of previous 6 months irrespective of the case you are going there for recreational purpose or business tour. If balance of your bank statement is £10,000 maintained throughout the period of 6 months, you are more likely to be accepted for the UK visa.
- Copy of Iqama
- Confirm Hotel Bookings (it is not required if you are going to stay with any of your relative)
- Salary Certificates from the employer
- Complete Home Address
- Bank Statement for the preceding 6 months
- Copy of the Resident Identity Card
- Copy of the Passport
Travelling from KSA to Other Countries