Monday, June 27, 2016

Procedure to check Criminal Record registered under your name Online

I think the best thing Saudi government has done for expatriates living in Saudi Arabia is launching Ministry of Interior or Absher account through which they can make many transactions including issuing exit re-entry visa, extending family visit visa, renewing Istamara and renewing Saudi Driving License. A long awaited feature has been added to the Ministry of Interior account through which you are able to check if there is any criminal activity report has been registered under your name. Keep in mind, that if there is a criminal record registered under your name even by mistake, you won’t be able to leave Saudi Arabia on temporary or permanent basis. The procedure to check if there is a criminal record registered under your name is given below.

First of all, you must have an activated ministry of interior account. If you don’t have an account, create an account from this link. I have explained the step by step procedure to create Ministry of Interior Account in this article. ”Register for MOI Account
If you already have an account with MOI, you need to login to it. The procedure to login to MOI has been changed significantly. New procedure is explained in this link “Process to login to MOI (Abshir) account

Once you are logged in to the MOI account, you need to click on “E-Services” tab given above. After that on the left hand side, search for “MOI Diwan” tab and click here. A drop down list will appear from which you will have to select “Generalization Report Query”. This service allows the users to inquire about if they have Generalization reports registered against them, and to show the details of the report.

A new screen will open up where you need to click on "Proceed" and if you don’t have any criminal case registered under your Iqama as all of us are hoping for, a message will appear in Red highlighted text. “There is no Generalization report registered against you.”

God forbids, if you have any case registered under your name, you should contact nearest police station as soon as possible. If you have not committed any criminal activity, you don’t need to be afraid. It must be a misunderstanding. You should visit them to sort it out.

Abshir Service (MOI Account)
  1. Register your Mobile Ownership through MOI (Absher) Account using Wthiq service
  2. Procedure to Access to the Travel History of Iqama Holder in Saudi Arabia
  3. 3 Methods to Activate your MOI (Abshir) Account in Saudi Arabia
  4. Procedure to Get “Sponsor ID” in Saudi Arabia through MOI Account
  5. Check Iqama Expiry Date through MOI


Follow us in Google+