The Holy month of Ramadan is back with all its blessings and glories. We as Muslims believe that Ramadan is a blessed and honorable month, and the rewards during this holy and sacred month are higher than other months. Zakat is the 5th pillar of Islam and during this holy month, charity as well as worship is increased during Ramadan. Muslims and Non-Muslims all do charity during this month. There are a lot of brothers and sisters in Saudi Arabia who are in need of our help and support. Helping others is not only fruitful for the receivers but more for the givers. Kindness knows no bounds and free of all odds, that’s why we would like to share with you the 5 good deeds and the five organizations to which you can donate without any hesitation, not only during this holy month but any time, any day throughout the year.
- Mother Theresa said that “If you are unable to feed one hundred people, then just feed one person.” We don’t need to have excess of anything to be able to give away. We can help people in financial crisis by donating food items, clothes or daily use articles. There are a lot of organizations such as Half a Date charity organization. These organizations organize food drives and collect clothes, so they can help poor people by providing food and clothes.
- Just like the concept of Wall of kindness in other countries, Feed the Need or Fridge of Feed the need is a charity concept in Saudi Arabia with Four fridges in the Riyadh alone. If you want to do charity filling the fridge of Feed the Need is a good idea. These fridges are always in need of ready-to-eat meals boxes, bottle of water, juices and laban.
- You can also donate to the Saudi ADHD Society, which aims to raise the quality of life of those who are affected by Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). The Society is working to raise awareness among families and members of the community to educate them on the proper ways to deal with children with ADHD and also collaborate with the Ministry of Health to focus on diagnosis and treatments.
- You can also donate to Zahra Breast Care Association., a charity healthcare organization known for its campaigns on breast cancer awareness support for patients and survivors. They have ongoing awareness programs and they are continuously working to support research and studies on this deadly disease.
- Kindness and charity is not only for Humans. We can also extend our kindness to animals. There are hundreds of animals specially digs and cats, who are in dire need of care in Riyadh, without proper sheltering they are left alone on their own. We can provide shelter to such animals or donate to organizations like Open Paws to take care of such animals. They provide shelter to homeless pets and facilitate their fostering and adoptions.
The above list contains some of the ways you can spread happiness and kindness in Riyadh. You can recommend and suggest more ways to help the community, don’t hesitate to share with us. Any good deed is never too small or too huge to be good every day.
Source: The Pink Tarha
Ramadan in Saudi Arabia