The layer of skin around the testicles in known as Scrotum, which is itchy when one have the itchy testicles. The skin that is behind the testicles and the groin area is sensitive and prone to itching. The itchy scrotum is not a serious health issue or also not a symptom. But it’s a matter of fact that an itchy ball sack is embarrassing and irritating. There are many reasons of itchy testicles that are why it is difficult to pinpoint just one. Many reasons are harmless whereas few of them are serious health issues. Possible Causes of the Itchy Testicles:
- Fungal Infections: Fungus grows in humid and warm climates. That’s why the skin folds behind the scrotum are the ideal habitat for the fungus to grow and these fungal infections causes irritation and itches. Jock Itch is the most common type of the fungal infection occurs in the skin folds of the scrotum. Trichophyton rubrum is the fungus which causes jock itch. The most common and prominent symptom of jock itch which is accompanied by a red and scaly rash, is a very severe itch around the testicles in the crotch region, inner thighs and the anus. The simple and easy way to get relief from this itch is sprays or cream available as over the counter drugs. If these itches continue, one must visit skin specialist.
- Contact Dermatitis: The main cause of contact dermatitis is direct contact with an irritant around the testicles, the groin and the scrotum area resulting discomfort, rashes and severe itches. Such allergic contact dermatitis is more common in men who already have any type of skin allergies. Such allergies are caused by dyes, plants, fragrances or any other items with which one may come into contact. The irritant contact dermatitis is more painful than that of an allergen. The irritant contact dermatitis is mostly caused by strong chemical substances.
- Crabs or Pubic Lice: The crabs or pubic lice are another cause of itchy ball sack. These lice feed on the human blood and found in the gentiles and surrounding areas. The bites of these insects cause severe itches.
- Scabies: Sarcoptes scabeil is the parasite which is cause of scabies, also known as itch mite. The common symptoms of scabies are severe itchy rashes which develop in the skin folds around the genitals. The bite of these parasites is the causes of irritation.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a skin disorder which is the cause of itchy testicles which affects the elbows, lower back, knees and the scalp. The red areas of scaly skin are the result of such rashes.
Remedies for Itchy Testicles: Following are the simple home remedies for itchy testicles:
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is an easy to use natural antifungal and deep clean agent which naturally eliminates bacteria quickly.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is easy to use and excellent option to control and cure many skin infections. It is natural, antifungal and antibacterial.
- Listerine: Listerine is an antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial solution, which is easy to use and instant relief provider which you can be applied to the infected area 3 times a day using a cotton ball. It sting a little in start but gives relief instantly.
- White Vinegar: White vinegar also possess similar properties as many of the other remedies mentioned above, it has antiseptic properties and kills fungus instantly.
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia
- 3 Natural Ways to treat your Dark underarms, elbows, knees and neck
- 4 things you must know about “HPV” if you have ever been sexually active
- Why Men can get Positive Pregnancy Test Results?
- 6 reasons you can have Yellow or Pale Hands
- 6 Ways through which HIV (AIDS) is transmitted to another body