Before getting a green signal many individuals have to go through an interview in order to get approval for the visa. This interview consists of some very basic questions but one must be well prepared to encounter every question smartly. Although the mentioned questions are not the exact questions that you will be asked but these questions can surely help you get a hint of what questions you might be asked. You must be sensible and confident enough while answering the questions because this will increase your chance of getting the United States Visa easily. Keep in mind; they just want to make sure that you have strong financial and family ties in here which will bring you back to Saudi Arabia. Some of the frequently asked questions and the sensible answers expected from you:
What do you do for living? How much do you earn? Be careful while answering this question. You need to tell the officer concretely that you have been doing your current job from X number of years and earning that much a month. The information provided in the application form should match with the information you provide in response to this question.
Why do you want to travel to United States particularly?
- I want to attend my cousin’s son wedding therefore I have applied for the visa.
- I have researched a lot about the attractive tourist places in the United States therefore I will like to visit those places.
- I would like to travel to US because my elder sister is undergoing a serious operation and she needs me badly.
How many countries have you travelled (together)?
This is his next expected question. Although you have already provided this information in the visa application form, but still he wants to listen it from you. Keep in mind, if you have answered that you want to visit USA as you love travelling and tourism, he will be checking how many other countries have you travelled before? Obviously, if you want to go to USA but have not visited other neighboring countries like UAE, Turkey, Bahrain, Europe, your application is suspicious.
Why do you want to go in this particular season there?
- The winter season is very rough in U.S therefore I would love to explore the place in spring season.
- I and my wife will be having our 50th wedding anniversary in the next month so want to celebrate our anniversary with our grandchildren residing in California.
- I have heard that the Christmas festival comes with amazing shopping sales, deals and discounts; moreover I want to explore the black Friday sale too. This is the main reason as I am shopaholic.
- The weather in the coming month will be perfect for my road trips to the far country areas with my daughter.
How long would you stay in United States?
- I am planning to stay there for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
- I will stay there for a month only because I have to get back to work.
- My vacation span consists of 2 months so I will not stay longer than 2 months.
Where do you intend to stay in the United States?
I will live with my son in law as he is residing in California. (Same address as per mentioned in the visa application form.
Do you have any family members living there?
Once again, this question has already been asked in the application form and you have answered it there. But that question was only related to Blood relations. A question about family members should be answered broadly. Yes, my uncle with his family lives there and I am planning to stay at his place.
How much is the expected cost of your trip?
· With airfare, accommodation, food and expenses, it makes a total of US $6100.
· My son is sponsoring me.
Questions about Marital Status
- Keep in mind that the officer wants to know your marital status. If you are applying for visa alone, he will ask you if you are married? If you are married and applying for visit visa alone, there are chances that you will not come back to your home country. So, the chances of visa rejection are increased.
- If you are applying with your wife, it is understood that you are married. So next question will be, when did you get marry? Do you have any children? If you get marry recently and you don’t have any children, you have few commitments and ties which will bring you back to Saudi Arabia. Your visa application is risky now.
- If you are applying with school going children, it is safer condition as you have more ties which will bring you back to Saudi Arabia. Moreover, they know that it is not easy to bear education expenses of children in USA. So, there are more chances that your visa application will be accepted.
- If he suspects that you are planning to visit USA for the delivery of your child, he will try to let you know that U.S. government will not pay any of the medical expenses there. You will have to pay it from your pocket. But it is not a good idea to let them know about your intention to deliver your baby there.
Travelling from KSA to USA
- Tips to get U.S. Visitor-B2 Visa from Saudi Arabia
- Tips to apply for H1B USA Visa from Saudi Arabia
- Treatment with Saudi Residents by U.S. Immigration Officers
- When will Saudi Residents Intimidation stop at U.S. Airports?