For centuries, Honey is famous for its numerous nutritional benefits which may vary from category to different types. Honey is available in three basic forms including the creamed honey, crystallized honey and the most common form is the liquid honey. Honey is a light golden colored thick liquid which has a sweet taste. Honey is a functional food, in fact, a natural sweetener that is a must have product in every kitchen cabinet. It is loaded with uncountable antibacterial and antifungal properties. Honey is full of health as it contains vitamins specifically Vitamin B6, natural antioxidants, enzymes and essential minerals like Potassium, Calcium, Zinc and Iron. Honey has some magical powers to boost your immune system so here is list of benefit this yummy gold liquid has to offer.
- Treatment of Allergies: Honey has an active anti-flammatory property and it is very effective to alleviate various kinds of allergies. It contains enzymes that act like natural vaccine.
- Excellent Source of Energy: Honey is an amazing source of natural energy, 64 calories are found in one tablespoon of Honey. Because of sufficient amount of fructose and Glucose this liquid intake serves the purpose of an energy booster for the body.
- Improves Memory: The antioxidants present in Honey are very much beneficial in preventing the cellular damage of the brain. The sweetened nectar liquid helps in boosting the memory of the person. It can also play vital part in improving woman’s short term memory while they suffer from the post-menopausal phase. Our brain highly depends upon Calcium in order to make logical decisions and to run the thorough process smoothly. Honey contains sufficient amount of Calcium that is absorbed by the brain to function.
- Cough Suppressant: Honey is a pure natural remedy to deal with pesky cold and cough. Since ages many people have been using raw Honey to treat severe cough and cold conditions. The long due cough that is difficult to treat can easily be treated by just taking taking tablespoons of honey before going to bed. This natural sweet nectar has the consistency to cover the dry throat with maximum lubrication to protect the throat from dryness. Honey is very similar the most common cough soothing agent dextromethorphan, so it can be used in treating infections that can build up in Respiratory tracts.
- Beneficial for Insomnia: Honey can be used on daily basis to treat the problem of sleepless nights. Intake of honey helps the body to release serotonin; Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that enhances happiness and mood. As a reaction the body transforms the Serotonin into melatonin, a chemical compound that boosts the length and quality of the sleep.
- Treats Dandruff: Honey can be used as a home remedy to treat Dandruff because of its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Soothes wounds and burns: Honey is a magical solution that can works best both externally and internally. It can be applied on wounds, cuts and burns to get quick relief.
Food Issues in Saudi Arabia
- How to check the purity of Honey?
- Local Custom of Washing Hands of Guests with Honey
- A man died after eating “Original Honey” bought from Open Market in Hail, Saudi Arabia
- Top 10 Health Benefits of adding Garlic into your Daily Diet
- 10 Reasons to Eat an Apple a Day, which keeps the doctor away