Testicular Cancer is something which most men do not consider or imagine getting, however it is something which is very common and can affect all men. Here are a few facts to take your mind off the grim reality of cancer and how any one of us can fall victim to it at any time;
- One of the most common symptoms of testicular cancer is a lump on the testicle which doesn’t pain. Other rarer symptoms can also include a discomfort or unusual heavy feeling in the scrotum or a dull ache. If you are ever unsure about it, it is best to pay the doctor a quick visit.
- Medical professionals have been recommending men of all ages to give their testicles a DIY self examination at least once every month. This simple test will not take more than a few minutes of your precious time and could also save something more precious i.e. your life. Though the stats might look scary, if the testicular cancer is detected at an early stage there is a 95 percent survival rate. Those of you interested, here is how you do it;
- It is recommended that you perform this self exam after a hot bath or a shower as your skin will be more loose and relaxed.
- Place your index and middle finger under your testicle with the thumbs on top. Gently yet firmly roll the testicles between the thumbs and the fingers in order to feel out any bumps on the surface.
- Find your epididymis (which is the soft rope like structure located on the back side of the testicle). This can very easily be mistaken for a bump or foreign mass due to the odd shape. However if you are familiarized with it, it should be easy to spot and not mistake it for any other irregularity
Health Issues in Saudi Arabia