- It is known as the Quran Gateway.
- It is located in Makkah on the Jeddah Makkah Highway and is 27Km away from Masjid-ul-Haram. You can easily notice the structure while entering the premises of Makkah from West.
- The gateway was designed by an Egyptian architect, Samir Elabd in 1979.
- The structure is a huge open Holy Quran kept on a Quran stand.
- The structure is so huge that it covers eight lanes of traffic including a center highway divider.
- The sides of the stand have beautiful blue and green glass windows attached to the walls.
- Only Muslims are allowed to enter the Holy cities of Madinah and Makkah.
- This is not only an impressive structure from the point of view of tourism but in fact soothes eyes of all Muslims when one enters the Holy city.
Source: Susie of Arabia
Islamic Values in Saudi Arabia
- 13 Sights of Holy Kaaba you should know about
- 9 Unknown Facts about the Holy Kaaba in Makkah
- Location of Most Sacred Places in Makkah
- Do you know what is inside the Crescent of Makkah Tower?
- Why and How Qiblah Direction changed from Masjid Aqsa to Masjid al Haram?