Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman has ordered to cut down salaries of all government employees. All government employees will be having a negative impact upon their salaries and no one is exempt from it including deputy crown prince Mohammed bin Salman who is also the son of King Salman. The reduction in salaries depends upon the profile of the job. High profile people will be having maximum cut in their salaries i.e. 20%. Following decisions have been taken by King Salman in this regard. It will be effective from 1st Muharram 1438.
- Salaries of government
ministers, including Crown Prince and Deputy Crown Prince will be reduced by
20%. Current salaries of ministers is SR 51,000 which will come down to Sr 40,800 after application of this Royal Decree. There are total 143 ministers in Saudi Arabia.
- Housing and Transportation
Allowance of members of Shoura Council will be slashed by 15%. Saudi government will save SR 7 million a year with this particular reduction. The salary of a shoura member is SR 26,450 which will be reduced to SR 22,483. There are total 150 Shoura Members in Saudi Arabia.
- No government employee
will be enjoying unlimited mobile phone. If mobile phone bill is more than SR
1,000, employee will have to pay the additional cost from his pocket.
- No Increment will be given
to employees at year end. Similarly, there will be no increase in remuneration
at the time of renewal of contract.
- Overtime and bonuses have
been capped between a quarter and half of basic salaries.
- Annual leave of government
employees cannot exceed 30 days from now onwards. Annual leave for minister has
been reduced to 36 days from 42 days.
- There will be no
transportation allowance for employees during the time when they are on
- All hiring on the
current vacant positions have been stopped till the end of the current fiscal
- It has also been decided
that the contracts of expatriates on non-essential positions will not be
renewed. No expatriate will be hired on any such position.
- All the above decisions will
not be applied on military, troops and security officials and intelligence
officials involved in security, military and intelligence operations of the country.
Source: Saudi Gazette
Latest News: Jawazat Related
- Lawyers will be provided to Expatriates “Free of Cost” to Lodge Complaints – Labor Office
- Jawazat Clarifies the increase in Labor Office Fee from SR 2,400 to SR 6,000
- Exit Re-Entry, Family Visit, Hajj, Umrah Visas Fee drastically increased
- Shut down all small grocery stores (Baqalas) from Saudi Arabia – Shoura Council Member
- Expatriates can start 100% own business in Saudi Arabia – King Salman