Garlic is known as the world’s healthiest Food. As quoted by the Father of Western Medicine, the ancient Greek Physician Hippocrates. “Let food be the medicine and medicine be thy food.” According to Hippocrates Words, Garlic is one such food that can also be used to treat various medical conditions. Garlic is plant which belongs to the Allium (Onion) Family. Ancient Egyptians used Garlic for flavoring purposes in cooking as well as it was used in the manufacture of traditional medicines. The use of Garlic is not only limited to Central Asia in fact it has been used as a food flavoring agent in Meditterrean region, Africa and Europe. Following are few of its benefits:
- SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF ALLICIN: Garlic contains a sulfur compound named”Allicin” which has the ability to treat serious medical conditions. Because of Allicin, the garlic is used to create many medical formulas as it has potent medical properties.
- GARLIC IS HIGHLY NUTRITUOUS: Garlic is a very wonderful source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Manganese, Selenium and Fiber. It can be easily taken every day because it is very rich source of Vitamin C and contains very low amount of Calories.
- TREATMENT FOR COLD: Garlic is an ideal booster to enhance the functioning of the Immune system. Severe cold and cough issues can be simply treated by consuming garlic on regular basis. According to the latest study eating one garlic supplement everyday can reduce the number of cold and cough by 63% in contrast to placebo.
- LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE: Garlic based tablets and supplements are very effective to treat the patients of hypertension leading to high blood pressure. Heart attacks along with cardiovascular diseases are very common nowadays. Therefore intake of high doses of garlic supplement helps to maintain normal blood pressure. Garlic based medications appear very helpful for people suffering from high blood pressure issues.
- GARLIC CONSUMPTION IMPROVES CHOLSTEROL LEVELS: Garlic supplement works incredibly to improve and enhance the cholesterol levels. The most common type of LDL cholesterol can be treated by Garlic.
- RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS: Garlic contains rich amount of antioxidants that is very useful for the patients suffering from Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease .These antioxidants boost the body mechanism that supports protection. It protects the body against any oxidative damage.
- SLOWER DOWN THE AGING PROCESS: Garlic contains antioxidants that minimize the cell damage and in return slower down the process of aging. It has a ability to treat the chronic diseases therefore it can help you live a better life.
- DETOXIFY THE BODY: Intake of Garlic can be very helpful to detoxify the body from heavy metals. It significantly reduces the lead toxicity improving headache and blood pressure.
- IMPROVES BONE HEALTH: Garlic may be very effective to enhance bone growth especially making bones strong.
- EASY AVAILABLE AND QUICK TO USE: Garlic is easily available everywhere and can be used in everyday diet. So you can simply add if you like strong flavor of Garlic.
Food Issues in Saudi Arabia
- 14 Saudi Street Food Items which you should try ASAP
- Each Saudi resident wastes 250 Kg food annually
- 11 Unknown and Amazing Facts about Zaatar
- TOP 4 Sweet Treats you must try in Riyadh
- 13 Un-known facts About Albaik