As all of us know that India and Pakistan are two nuclear-armed countries and have plenty of warheads ready to be fired at each other. I think all of us know about the tension between these two countries. These two countries have fought 5 wars against each other in 1948, 1965, 1971, 1984 and 1999. Pakistan is the first and only Muslim country with this power. There are 8 countries in the world with nuclear weapons namely China, France, Russia, UK, USA, India, North Korea and Pakistan. India and Pakistan, both countries have been threatening each other with nuclear weapons. Citizens of both countries want to know, God forbids, what would happen if India and Pakistan start a nuclear war?
- If India and Pakistan fight a nuclear war detonating 100 nuclear warheads i.e. around half of their combined capacity, each of them equivalent to Hiroshima bomb i.e. 15 kilotons, around 21 million people will be killed in a fraction of a second. The current population of Saudi Arabia is around 30 million.
- Both India and Pakistan have around 110 to 120 nuclear warheads each.
- If these two rivals start a nuclear war, around half of the world’s protective ozone layer would be destroyed.
- It will directly affect the agriculture in two countries and other South Asian countries. There will be no more monsoon season in these areas. It will also have an impact on the agriculture overall in the world.
- The expected death toll from these attacks is a death of 21 million people. It is around 420 times more than the number of civilians and security forces died in both countries due to terrorism.
- Around 2 billion people around the world would face the risk of starvation due to climatic changes as a result of nuclear weapons being fired in these two countries.
Both of these countries have powerful armies, an abundance of weapons and more than 2 million armed forces always ready to fight each other. But this immense power requires you to act with responsibility. A war between these two countries will only lead to massive destruction. I still believe that the only solution to all the problems these countries have been facing is to talk with positive attitude. War has never been a solution to anything.
Source: First Post
Unknown Facts about the World
- Top 6 Deadliest Wars in the History of Mankind
- Top 6 Most Powerful Armies in the World
- Top 10 Cities with Highest Murder Rate in the World
- Top 10 Most Dangerous Countries of the World