I personally think that it is a security leak of the most confidential information of customers i.e. their credit card and debit card numbers. As you know, anyone with access to debit card and credit card number along with CVV code can use the card for any kind of transaction within the limit of the card. This is highly sensitive information and normally banks keep it confidential to every human being. This kind of data is stored in Master Computers without any human intervention.
If customers have been facing this issue, I believe Saudi Arabia Monitoring Authority (SAMA) will take an action against it. They will ensure that the issue is investigated and culprits are punished. Moreover, it is also the duty of SAMA as well as the bank to compensate the customers who have been robbed today with balance deductions from their bank accounts.
Without disclosing the name of the bank, I would like to inform all my readers a set of things they need to do in case they received such kind of SMS
- Be alert of any kind of deduction SMS you receive from your bank today.
- You need to inform about any kind of unauthorized deduction as soon as possible.
- Make sure you have bank’s helpline number saved in your mobile phone.
- After registering the complaint, keep on following up with it until you receive your money back.
Latest News - Fraud Cases in Saudi Arabia
- Beware of Online Begging Frauds – How does it work in Saudi Arabia?
- 7 Common types of Frauds in Saudi Arabia, we should be aware of
- Tenants of a Building in Jeddah cheated with SR 300,000 for Rent
- 6 Facts about Point-Of-Sale Fraud which everyone needs to know
- Tips to Protect Yourself from Canadian Immigration Fraud