The first thing you should do after getting your Iqama from your sponsor is to apply for a driving license in Saudi Arabia. Transportation system in Saudi Arabia is not very up to date. There are very few buses on few routes which do not serve the entire population. Taxi fares are cheaper than other Gulf countries but they are still on the expensive side. If you can afford a car, you really have to rely on it as means of transportation. In order to purchase car, you need to have valid driving license. Getting driving license in Saudi Arabia is not a big deal unlike many other countries e.g. UAE.
The procedure to apply for driving license in Saudi Arabia has been explained in detail in this link “Procedure to Apply for Driving License in Saudi Arabia”. However, the procedure requires you to download and fill a form to apply for the driving license. The form to apply for driving license in Saudi Arabia is given below.
- Procedure to check validity of Saudi Driving License online
- Procedure to Apply for International Driving License in Saudi Arabia
- Payment of Fee to Issue Driving License
- Driving Licenses issued by 33 countries can be exchanged with Dubai Driving License
- Tips for Passing Saudi Driving License in Saudi Arabia