By now you have probably heard about Lionel Messi. He was sentenced to 21 months in prison on the charges of tax evasion. Although it is widely speculated that he will not be going to jail, it has left a mark on his legacy. Here are a few of the amazing things you might not know about Messi. I am sure most of you did not know these facts about legendary footballer Lionel Messi. He has come a long way from being a boy in Argentina who could not afford his medical expenses and is now one of the highest-paid people in the world.
- Messi has the same Birthplace as Che Guevara: Messi was born on the 24th of June 1987 in Rosario, Argentina. It is the same place that Argentinean revolutionist Che Guevara was born.
- Messi has known his wife since he was five years old: Messi was only 5 when he met Antonella Roccuzzo who was a family friend who turned into his wife.
- Messi had been diagnosed with a Growth Hormone Deficiency: When he was 11, Messi was diagnosed with having a Growth Hormone Deficiency which prohibited him from growing at a regular rate. Barcelona agreed to pay the medical bills for his treatment and Messi moved to Spain immediately.
- Messi has scored the highest number of goals in a single calendar year: To date in his official career, Messi has scored 480 goals. 2012 seemed to be the luckiest year for Messi as he scored a total of 86 incredible goals. In comparison, Ronaldo is 38 goals away from Messi.
- Messi was the first ever player to win three European Golden Boots: Messi is also the first ever player to win three European Golden Boot awards after he picked up the golden shoe for the third time back in 2013. Messi scored 46 times in the La Liga in the 2012 – 2013 season and in the season before that he score 50 times.
- Lionel Messi’s Newborn Son has been already Made Newell’s Old Boys Official Supporter: Messi’s son has made the Newell’s Old Boys official supporter when he was only 3 days old. Yes, only 3 days. His name is Thiago Messi.
- Lionel Messi’s debut lasted for 44 seconds only: The debut made by Messi as an Argentinean national player lasted only for 44 seconds. The reason it was so short was the fact that he was given a red card within a minute for elbowing a player on the Hungarian team. Back then Messi was 18 years old and the year was 2005.
- Lionel Messi’s first ever contract was on a napkin: When Messi was only 13 years of age, Barcelona’s technical secretary Carles Rexach had signed an agreement with him. During the meeting, however, they failed to find any piece of paper, hence they picked up a napkin and then signed the contract on the piece of napkin. The rest is history.
Unknown Facts about the World
- This World Map reveals what the world’s nations are no.1 at
- Top 5 Worst and Largest Slums in the World – Karachi at no. 1
- Meet a 45 Years Old Indian Professor who holds 145 Academic Degrees
- 10 Unknown, Unbelievable Facts about Donald Trump
- Why a Banyan Tree in Pakistan is under arrest and chained from last 100 Years?