Recently, an official document was uploaded on the ministry of Hajj and Umrah website which stated about the protection of rights of pilgrims by taking certain new steps. These steps involve the establishment of communication centers and taking continuous follow-up with the help of supervising committees. The purpose of establishing communication centers and committees is to get registered and consider complaints against any miss management and ensure safety and comfort of the pilgrims. The ministry stated that they will shield and respect the rights of the foreign and domestic pilgrims by monitoring all agreements and commitments done by the companies and services
- Complaints will be filed and claims made by any pilgrim will be forwarded to a special committee who basically takes the decision of punishment for the responsible person.
- The ministry will make sure that all basic facilities are provided to the foreign pilgrims which include accommodation, transportation, and food. The ministry will keep a check on proper transportation and accommodation facilities, food and arrangements at the holy sites.
- If any Hajj Company is providing low-quality service, it will be suspended from work for short or longer period. They might be fined or possibly the company’s license might be canceled. There will be monitoring of all the services and facilities committed by companies.
- The ministry should take care of all the essential financial requirements and verify the licensed companies to ensure the complete commitment of contracts made by them to the pilgrims. Financial affidavit against companies is made to assure that they must obey their contracts and if the concerned company violates their contract, they must represent itself in court for financial consideration.
- The ministry will consider the concerns and complaints of pilgrims and will forward them to the investigating committee for solving of their respective issue with the proper decision.
- The Ministry is responsible for providing Umrah pilgrims safe and sound accommodation with full comfort when pilgrims are traveling which involves transportation, luggage, and shipping. In the case of original ticket lost, the ministry confirms flight bookings and provides another air ticket to the pilgrims.
- Similarly, the rights of Hajj pilgrims include the healthy and safe environment in full comfort zone. The Ministry also keeps full check and balance on the performance of contractual commitments done by companies.
- The ministry will provide the compensation amount to the pilgrims which are already set and approves it through official channels. If a company objects on making compensation for the pilgrims, the ministry will represent on behalf of the pilgrims before any legal court authorization.
- The ministry also holds full authority to make changes in the decisions of the committee which involves applying fines on companies for breaking rules and disable a company by making it stop its services for a limited period or more.
- The ministry will also force penalties in the form of fines on companies violates the rules and might also order to stop them from working for one or more times with full authority to cancel their license.
In a nutshell, the Ministry provides pilgrims with complete protection and guidance with essential advice by making every possible effort for a healthy and safe stay throughout the spiritual journey of Hajj or Umrah.
Source: Saudi Gazette
Hajj and Umrah
- Procedure to Apply for Hajj in Saudi Arabia
- Procedure to Check Umrah Visa Status Online
- Check Online if you need to pay SR 2,000 as Umrah Visa Fee
- 13 Factors to consider while selecting Hajj and Umrah Agent
- 10 Useful Tips for those who are travelling for Hajj