As we celebrate an ‘International Civil Aviation Day’ this month, here we are providing you with some information on the 10 longest travel routes in the world. As obvious, Etihad and Emirates, the UAE’s most important airplanes, rule the list. Have you ever seated in a tiny packed airplane chair and just begged the flight will end soon? Have you ever questioned what the longest flight in the world means? Here’s a record of the 10 longest flights in the globe, in terms of time. The flight period of these flights is more than 16 hours.
- Doha, Qatar to Auckland, New Zealand - Airline: Qatar Airways - Aircraft: Boeing 777 - Duration: 17 hours, 30 minutes - Distance: 9,031 miles (14,450 km): The longest nonstop flight in the world took place on Feb 06, 2017.
- Dubai, UAE to Panama City, Panama - Airline: Emirates - Aircraft: Boeing 777 - Duration: 17 hours, 35 minutes - Distance: 8,580 miles (13,821 km): This flight was scheduled to launch in early February 2016 but was delayed until March due to pending code share approval.
- Dallas to Sydney, Australia - Airline: Qantas Flight 8 - Aircraft: A380-800 - Duration: 16 Hours and 55 minutes - Distance: 8,589 miles (13,804): Qantas operates daily around trip non-stop A380 services between Dallas/Fort Worth and Sydney, Australia. Qantas has been flying from 95 years to end up in an extraordinary travel experience.
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - Los Angeles, CA – Airline: Saudi Airlines - Aircraft: Boeing 777-300 - Duration: 16 hours, 55 minutes - Distance: 8,329 miles (13,409 km): For regular aircraft users and passionate Saudis, a pleasurable way to make the world's largest mileage run would be to join from here to Melbourne.
- Johannesburg, South Africa - Atlanta, GA - Airline: Delta 201 - Aircraft: Boeing 777-200 - Duration: 16 hours, 40 minutes - Distance: 8,449 miles (13,582 km): This flight was a bit shorter by distance, but it has the greatest duration in the world with 16 hours, 40 minutes.
- Dubai, UAE -- Los Angeles, CA - Airline: Emirates 215 - Aircraft: A380-800 - Duration: 16 hours, 35 minutes - Distance: 8,335 miles (13,420 km): This flight duration is 16 hours, 35 minutes. This flight is among the longest Airbus flights in the world as well as the only Airbus flight in this list.
- Abu Dhabi, UAE -- Los Angeles, CA - Airline: Etihad 171 - Aircraft: Boeing 777-200 - Duration: 16 hours, 30 minutes - Distance: 8,387 miles (13,502 km): The aircraft serving this Los Angeles route was a three-cabin, long-range Boeing 777-200 LR which accommodates 237 passengers.
- Dubai, UAE -- Houston, TX - Airline: Emirates 211 - Aircraft: A380-800 - Duration: 16 hours, 20 minutes - Distance: 8,168 miles (13,144 km)
- Dallas, USA -- Hong Kong, China - Airline: American Airlines - Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER - Duration: 16 hours, 20 minutes - Distance 8122 miles (13,072km)
- Abu Dhabi, UAE -- San Francisco, CA - Airline: Etihad 183 - Aircraft: Boeing 777-300 - Duration: 16 hours, 15 minutes - Distance: 8,154 miles (13,128 km)
- Dubai, UAE -- San Francisco, CA - Airline: Emirates 225 - Aircraft: A380-800 - Duration: 15 hours, 50 minutes - Distance: 8,103 miles (13,041 km): Spending 15 hours on a plane isn’t that bad when you’re in the best airline of the world, the food tastes good as well.
Source: Gulf News
- Saudia Flight SV 891 made emergency landing as pilot got sick
- Why do Airplanes always fly at a height of 36,000 Feet?
- Riyadh Airport opens special room for Women Smokers
- Saudi Mother, Daughter cancer treatment journey ends in a Flight Crash
- What is your nationality if you are born in the sky on an Airplane?