Silica bags or the name Silica sounds ordinary & useless to many people and usually, most of the people throw them in the bin when they open any packaging, as most of the packaging or boxes nowadays contain small silica bags wrapped under bubble or tissue paper. These white sachets come with “DO NOT SWALLOW” warning in bold letters and these are generally taken as unremarkable, unnoticed and are promptly binned with rest of the packaging. However, these silica bags turn out not, as useless as it might look. Rather, these bags have a lot of resourceful properties and use. These bags are filled with silicon dioxide, which is a substance that dries out moisture. So, the next time after unwrapping a packaging, you must save these sachets instead of throw them in the bin because these bags have many ways to use them. Here are 10 best ways to utilize these useful tiny bags:
- Save your wet phone: If ever by mistake or misfortune you drop your phone into water, the recovery chances are very low. But if you place your phone in a bowl filled with silica bags, you will experience that surprisingly most of the water is sucked up resulting in boosting the chance of your phone’s survival. It is said that this method is 10 times more effective than putting your phone in a bowl full of rice.
- Keep your makeup fresh: Placing a couple of silica bags will result in prolonging the life of the powder or your eyeshade. Silica helps the powder based products from congealing.
- Dry your umbrella: Putting a wet umbrella back into your handbag or rucksack can risk soaking whatever you have in it. You can avoid this by putting a few silica bags on the fabric of your umbrella, as it will hover up the drop of moisture from there.
- Keep your shoes fresh and odor-free: Silica bags are good in sucking sweat and other liquids from your shoes and leaving your shoes fresh and moisture free.
- Keep your silverware clean: Placing a few sachets in your cutlery drawer will avoid the tarnishing of a fresh set of your silverwares.
- Stop towels from smelling damp: Wet towels can quickly develop an obnoxious smell after a few uses. A few silica bags placed between each towel can preserve freshness.
- Keep your gym wear fresh & dry: After a session at the gym, if you place your sweaty gym wear into your gym bag it will make your gym wear stinky. You can overcome this problem by placing some sachets of silica and saves your gym bag from the sweaty odors.
- Dry your swimwear: Swimming costumes take much time to dry, but placing some silica sachets on the fabric of the suit can speed up this process.
- Protect your photographs: Moisture can slowly damage and disfigure your photos, but you can save your precious photos by placing some silica in your photo albums.
- Preserve your jewelry: Placing a few sachets will safeguard your jewelry against tarnishing and other stains.
- 8 Free Parking Areas around Masjid al Haram in Makkah
- Jeddah residents ask authorities to use cats against increasing number of rats in the city
- 9 Tips to get best foreign remittance deals in Saudi Arabia
- What to do if you catch an online Fraud in Saudi Arabia?
- 9 Tips to protect yourself from online frauds in Saudi Arabia